Chapter 14 - Gone

"Beats me. I was told to put up these signs to prevent anyone from going into the lake until this is fixed, but I doubt anything is going to happen."

We chuckle at the idea but are interrupted by movement.

Island movement

The ground shook violently, almost throwing us to the ground. We regain balance and look around. People were panicking, screaming, folding on the ground to protect themselves. That wasn't the real catcher though, it was the island located in the middle.

It was rising up

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N's POV)

The island rose high into the sky, clouds surrounding its position in the sky.  Mysterious purple lightning zapped the ground below, but now only remained a whirlpool vortex sucking anything loose into it.

That lightning... it's familiar

I look towards the source of the lightning and realize why it seemed familiar.

The cube is under the island, and causing it to float?

I turn towards Sun Strider to look for answers, but she was gone.  I turn around in time to see her running in a full sprint in the opposite direction of the event.  I cry out to try and grab her attention.

"Sunny!  Where are you going?!"

She didn't bother turning around but managed to yell

"Fuck this shit I'm out!" Next thing I knew she was gone.  I turn back to the island, no longer rising, but remaining stationary in the air with a tornado-like vortex underneath, holding it in the sky.

I don't blame you there

I stand mesmerized at the sight, still being used to Earth it captivated me on how such a feat was physically possible.  It wasn't until I felt a jab at my back that I snapped back to reality.

"Hey (Y/N)!  What the hell are we still doing here?" It was Calamity, agitation rang in her voice, along with uneasiness.

"O- Oh sorry about that Calamity." I rub the back of my head out of habit, then a chilling memory comes to mind

There seemed to be a mysterious dark figure on the island, standing in the middle, piercing their gaze in every single one of us. It seemed vaguely familiar, but it took a minute to piece it together.

The eyes

Her eyes

She's back

.

.

"See you soon, (Y/N)"

"Fuck, she's back.  Fuck fuck fuck.." I murmur pacing back and forth.  Calamity grabs my arm to stop my episode and bring me back again

"Who?  Who is back?  What the hell is happening?"

I turn to her with panic in my eyes.  Her expression turns from agitation to worry, she knows that whatever is happening, it can't be good by any means.

"There's no time to explain.  We need to go now." I pull on her arm to usher her back to the kart.  She breaks free and follows close behind, and as we file into the seats I rev up the engine and step on the gas.  We speed up rapidly as I take us through rough terrain towards the desert.