Chapter 24 - A Prophecy

(??? POV)

So... the plot thickens

I never asked Dark what her worries were about that particular group of survivors, but questioning her usually resulted in pain and or death.  While that usually applied to the lesser folk of our faction, I never risked the chance as her advisor.

It's been great to hold authority over those responsible for Mother's death so many years ago.  Father would be so proud to see where Dusk and I are now, but of course, there's one problem left to deal with.

Her

She's the only one left in her family now since her brother foolishly sacrificed himself for his group.  It won't be easy to get to her since she'll likely be on high alert at all times now, but she made one fatal mistake tonight.

She ran from her problems

And was followed

She was so desperate that she fell in love with him?

The poor girl deserves better, but she's also better off dead

Little did she realize that her mistake was running out in the open, during an apocalypse, to confess her love, so everyone nearby could hear.

She feels secure right now, but she just turned her new lover into a target.

I finally arrived back at the base, looking over the quiet residencies of Snobby Shores.  I gaze down over our territory, admiring our work.

Everything the darkness touches is our kingdom

I chuckle, slowly descending down the steps.  I cast a glance to the side, looking down at the empty space in the base.  It housed the rocket that was launched months ago, which inevitably put forth the series of events leading to this new age of darkness.  As I walk through the doorway I'm greeted by Dusk.

"So, have you found anything useful tonight?" She asked

"As a matter of fact, yes I have,"

"Really now?  Spill," She pulled a nearby chair over and sat down, all the attention on my news.

"It has to do with Calamity, I've got some tea on her now," I murmur

"Fucking finally, what is it?  Did she kill somebody, or better yet did she kill herself?"

"While that would be convenient, that's not the case," I hush, leaving a dissapointed look on Dusk

"Then what did you see?" She whined

I lean in towards Dusk, "She's got herself a boyfriend now," I whisper

Dusk looks at me, still disspointed

"So?" She inquires

"That means-"

"We have an easy target to get to her," Dark interrupts

I clutch a hand to my chest, startled with her sudden injection.  Dusk reacted similarly, but we quickly regained composure.  Dark laughed at our reaction, loving whenever she scared us by her haunting aura.

"You guys really are afraid of me, aren't you?" She mocked

"Well, it hard not to when you're standing in front of a breathing demon with powers,"

"I get that a lot, but thanks for the compliment anyway,"

Wasn't meant to be a compliment but ok then

"So, do you need to know more about Calamity's recent development-"

"I've heard enough already.  You and Dusk are free to go for the night, thank you," She waved us off