(10) 実現を禁じる Jitsugen o kinjiru

It was dark by the time the fog encasing your mind had vanished. However, the ceiling just barely looked familiar. The crackling sound of a fireplace echoed throughout the room, and it looked to be a living room.

Pushing yourself up slowly caused much more pain to surge through you than it was worth. But you did it anyways.

The little light streaming through the indicated that it was early morning.

Your throat was dry, as if cotton was pressed far back into it.

Reaching out, you grabbed onto the couch in order to stand. Your movements were slow and painful, brain fog making hard to tell if you were going the right direction.

Stumbling into a small kitchen, you reached up for a cabinet only to find your wrist covered in white bandages.

Standing there alone in the dark, the red bandages seeped deep into your mind. They truged up all the memories. A familiar aching pain dully thudded on your back and wrist. More sharp pain came from your elbow.

"(y/n), why the fuck are you up?"

You whirled around so fast that you slipped on the tile. A pair of arms wrapped around you.

A couple of concerned crimson eyes met your (e/c) ones.

Words of relief slipped from your horse throat. "Bakugou... I-Its just you."

The blonde didn't say anything as he laid his head on your shoulder. Stunned, he remained there completely silent for a moment. "Fuck you..."

His wrapped his arms around your waist lightly, making you hyper-aware of their weight.

"W-what...?"

His blonde hair tickled your cheek as he pulled you flush against him. He was so warm compared to the chilly air. With his torso pressed so close, every muscle on his body slightly rubbing against your skin through the light shirt.

Without warning, he picked you up by the back of your legs and supporting your back. The sudden movement forced a painful hiss. He slowly walked out of the kitchen and placed you back onto the floor.

"B-but... Water?" You asked softly, still groggy with pain. His eyes glanced towards the kitchen before he walked away.

A second later he came back. "Here, drink." He stood there with a cup of water. Taking the cold glass, you gratefully drank it until there wasn't any left.

Bakugou took a seat on the floor, resting his elbow on a propped knee.

We were close enough that our knees sat in-between each other. He looked anywhere but the injured one in front of him.

"Thank you..." He whispered. You stared in disbelief while he fiddled with his hands. A apology was one thing you never expected, much less a heartbeat thank you?

"(y/n)... Don't you ever do that again. You scared the shit out of everyone, including me..."

Your jaw hung open in surprise. Was Bakugou this open ever with you? To be honest, it made you feel happy. He was finally showing you a side that was hidden away before, showing outwardly that he cares.

The smile you once wore as a response faded into a frown. Gripping the blanket he placed over your lap, you didn’t have the heart to look at him. "I-I'm sorry... I couldn't just-..."

You bit your tongue. A look of shame crossed your features, not going unnoticed by the blonde sitting by you. Only you knew why it even happened at all. There was no escaping it all, and it had bubbled up until it had taken over your mind for a few minutes.

"So how do you think that friend of yours, or even little brother felt when you came back to them half-dead?"

Bakugou ran a hand through his hair while sighing somewhat loudly. Your gaze lingered over to Shasha and Ivan, knocked out on the couch. You began to feel guilty for all they do for you.

"... I know that, and I can't ever repay them for it." You slowly turned to Bakugou, who had a confused look. Even in the early morning light, his eyes seemed to shine bright, even in the darkness of the apartment.

Your eyes fluttered shut. "You as well... Katsuki."

He was caught off guard by how much he liked the way his name rolled off your tongue. Like sweet honey dripping from your lips, a delectable sound.

Soon your breathing became calm and allowed Bakugou to think for a moment. You were just... Too much for him sometimes. So honest with how you feel, see and love others. Not a hesitation to save another exchange for your life.

You shifted in your sleep and grabbed onto Bakugou's thumb when he wasn't looking. The mere action made his cheeks spread with a particular type of heat. Against his better judgment, he carefully removed the hair from your forehead with his free hand. There he found the small faded scar that ran down your eye. It was nearly invisible but knew it must have a heavyweight on you.

Having to take a younger brother who knew nothing about the parents you had lost only allowed you to carry those painful memories alone. Bakugou could only imagine the trauma you had, yet you smiled. Even though it wasn't clear in your eyes, you did it regardless. Smiling through the pain, with the wings of an angel to carry those you cared about into the sky.

All those flashes of how close you had been to him just a few hours ago echoed dully in his mind as he leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss on your forehead. Bakugou didn't know what you were doing to him. Sanity and common sense were thrown out the window when you were nearby.

Nothing he has ever done in his past never mattered when he glanced into your eyes. It was magic that was turning into cinders, only to be replaced by newer ones. You truly were one of a kind.