(29) 大丈夫 Daijōbu

All around you echoed fuzzy sounds of people talking worriedly. Even so, you couldn't move, forever stuck in a pit of darkness that kept your limbs in place. Time had become an illusion to you; seconds, days, even minutes seemed to blur together as you laid there.

Somewhere in the mix of sounds and voices, one rang out above the rest. It was clear as the sky on a summer's day. "The whole fucking class told me to say they miss you or whatever..." Where are you dreaming again? One of those torturous hallucinations that taunted you every single day.

The voices of your classmates ringing out, gentle and warm touches coming and going here and there. All of this taunted you because you didn't even know if it was real. But that crystal clear voice echoed every once in and while.

It was soft and meaningless; their voice seemed now. Without the reins, without direction, while talking to someone who can't even respond. Most of what they talked about seemed to be science-related things or something from a textbook. You began to wonder why they were reading a book to you.

"Can you please fucking come back?" There was a small voice crack, making you think that whoever it was praying for you to wake, arise from the pits of slumber. But that was the last thing you heard for a long time after. It was quiet... For a long time and you didn't like it.

The concept of time abandoned you once again. You were starting to think that you'd never leave this place of darkness. But, there was the slightest warmth on your hand, drawing you further from the night.

When it lessened a little, you tried to move your fingers; even just a bit would do. That warmth on your hand grew tighter and drawing you further and further away. Your body felt numb, but you tried anyway to speak. The words lazily left your lips, but you managed to get it out. It was something simple of don't go.

Whoever was by your side was extremely comforting, so you wanted to reach out to them. You barely managed to tighten your fingers around their hand. "(y/n)...? Please tell me I'm not fucking dreaming."

There it was again, their voice. More straightforward than ever, and it made you want to wake up so badly. Your eyelids fluttered a little bit. They were heavy, but you managed to open them a little bit. A dull light flooded your eyes, causing you to close them again.

The light shinned right through, but soon they shut off. You slowly opened them to see a blurred figure above you. A small groan escaped your lips as a warmth spread to your cheek. "Hey, hey. Look here." The voice echoed. Your gaze lowered a bit to see those blurred crimson moons.

Your hand shakily rose to cup his cheek to where his hand clasped over yours, holding it there. Your breath shook as a smile pulled on your weary lips. "K-Katsu-Kun?" Bakugou's bottom lip quivered as he stared down at you.

"W-welcome back... You dumabass." His stutter brought a small smile to your heart. Your hand wrapped around his neck until you could pull him into a hug. The male flinched underneath your touch but relaxed underneath your contact.

You were just happy to be back from that world of darkness. It was knowing that the hot-headed male before you wasn't an illusion. Your blurred sight got a little better as the hug continued. That was until you noticed Bakugou was halfway off the bed, "Katus-Kun... Get up here." You whispered. Bakugou hesitated for a moment before laying next to you in the bed.

"Baku-Kun, what's taking you so-" The sound of the voice drew your attention towards the door. Standing there, wings fully formed and permanent, was Ivan, his mouth open in shock. "Firefly..." Tears spilled over onto his cheeks from those honey amber eyes.

"Issy..." He walked towards you carefully before jumping onto the bed and crashed into you. The ten-year-old began to cry into your shoulder, holding onto you tightly. "Just how long was I asleep?" Bakugou sat up to sit crisscross on the bed as Ivan latched onto you. You gently stroked his hair to calm him down.

"Three fucking weeks." Your smile faded at the number. "That long?" Ivan's wings flickered as they vanished, making you wonder when he was able to keep them formed like that. You turned towards Bakugou with a sad look.

"I didn't..." You gulped, thinking about what might have happened. "Didn't hurt anyone... Did I?" You said softly. Bakugou leaned on his knees, faintly remembering that day. "No. You were immobile most of the time."