(23) 知るか Shiruka

His shoulders slumped while his feet dragged across the ground.

The last images of you crying remained so crisp within his mind. Your (h/c) hair matted with rain, stuck to your face and neck. Brow upturned with your eyes slightly shut. Tears mixed with rain trailed down your cheeks.

What struck him was the painful smile. You still smiled yet in whatever pain you were in.

Bakugou's footsteps came to a stop, staring at the trees lining a forest. The rain came to a stop. It was ghost quiet, nothing but the slightest rustle of the trees leaves echoed through the air.

His gaze lowered to the patches of lush green grass. Did he do something to upset you? All he did was give you an umbrella.

Out of the corner of his eye, a slight glimmer caught his attention. Upon picking it up, it was found to be one of your feathers.

Gazing past the trees, he found a small sign. "Crystalline memorial."

He had walked past here hundreds if not thousands of times. How come it was never noticed? Stepping closer, he could barely make out the painful cries of a (gender).

It sounded like (y/n). Is this where they ran off too?

Walking past the trees, he found a small graveyard. Old and no longer taken care of. Vines ran up the tombs and at the edge sat a large statue of two people dancing.

Slowly, he walked closer, finding distinct rainbows splattered across them. The cries grew louder but softened the closer he got.

Curiously he came closer to the statue, finding a ball of translucent feathers curled up over the nameplate.

"... (y/n)?"

Their entire body twitched before curling up beneath the set of wings. A school bag with a certain clear umbrella sat at their feet.

"(y/n). Is that you?" He asked softly. Bakugou certainly didn't want to scare them.

They sat up slowly, barely lowering the wings just enough to see a pair of reddened (e/c) eyes stare blankly at him.

(y/n) did seem like themselves. They were quiet, seemingly afraid. Any rash movement might get him cut with the large feathers.

Slowly, he kneeled in front of them. "... Hey, mind? I'm not fucking good at this shit though."

Their eyes scanned him over before lowering the wings. Taking the small umbrella, he opened it and took a seat next to them.

(Y/n) sat facing forwards, hugging their knees, even hiding from him in them.

He was much too awkward for this. Not to mention he wasn't sure what to do.

Their body shook, barely enough for him to notice just how cold they might be.

"Here." He offered his body heat only to get ignored. Taking the response, he slid off his jacket and offered it. "Just cover yourself. It's cold."

They took it and played it in their lap. It was a couple of minutes of silence until they had leaned against his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." They sounded so hurt and sad. Bakugou scoffed.

"Don't be. It's normal."

In their lap, Bakugou stared at their hands, picking and pulling at the skin. He offered his palm instead.

"Here. That's not good for your hands." Their cold fingertips slowly traced circles on the outside of his thumb. Something about this felt weird.

Not that he was trying to help. The fact they were so close. So vulnerable to him. He couldn't help but wonder if anyone else even got this close?