{17} レスキューミッションResukyūmisshon

(AN- Before we start here, I have lost all motivation for the test of courage part of this. So, we are going to skip it until I can fix it. It might be now or several months from now, but I'll have the rest of this book up and going. Hope it's not too confusing! Thank you for your patience!)

~

Their body lay thick with sweat, rolling down their flushed cheeks. It drenched their hair, making it stick to their neck and face. But, over time, the darkness invading Their mind lessened. It didn't seem so long ago when they'd fallen into it.

Their heavy eyes pried open but quickly shut—the room's bright white over-stimmed their sensitive eyes. A soft repetitive beep annoyingly echoed from the left side of the bed. The lines splattered across the ceilings blurred the more their eyes opened. Too blurry for their liking.

Metal rings slid against its rod and sent a wave of nausea in their stomach. Blinding light forced their eyes to shut—a painful groan hissing between their teeth.

"Hey, are you awake?"

Once their eyes readjusted, the figure standing by the window took a step closer to the bed. The red hair imprinted an image on their mind, but it still took a second to remember who it was. "K-Kirishima...?"

"I'm glad. You're awake; Midoriya woke up not too long ago."

Kirishima took it to help set (y/n) up by holding one of their hands in the air. The rest of their body protested at the altitude change. "Great... Another hospital."

The redhead took a seat on the edge of the bed. His arms were resting on his legs, nervously fiddling with his hands. The blanket bunched up beneath their hands.

Again. They failed. How many times would this happen? How many times would they not be able to save people close to them?

"Hey... Can you help us with saving him?" Kirishima's voice dropped below its usual tone. Would that be a good idea? After all, they were injured, and Midoriya wasn't in much better shape.

"It's been several days, and I can't just let this go. Bakugou is my friend, and I don't want to sit idly by while..."

Their fingertips-cracked and bloodied- covered Kirishima's shaking hand. He felt guilty, yet the three of Them did. Midoriya included. Bakugou, stubborn and mean as he can be, cares for everyone in his weird way. "It's ok... I'm in for whatever trouble you want."

He crismon eyes met the (e/c) ones. "Then, we do have a plan. Just waiting on Momo, you, and Midoryia to heal."

The two spoke for a few minutes before Kirishima had to leave to check on the others. So They were left in the white hospital room alone. Nothing but the sound of the heart monitor for accompany.

Minutes turned into hours by the time they had been cleared to leave. Finally, they grabbed the backpack from the corner and pulled out a different set of clothes.

Walking into the bathroom, a tired, wounded person stared back. Bags hung underneath pained (e/c) eyes. Sliding the gown off their shoulders, the entire backside remains exposed. The cracked tattoos remained an (f/c) but swirled with a copper color.

Slowly, the wings took shape. Large (f/c) crystal feathers extended to the ground. Each one held a slightly different form. "Damn it. That fire warped the crystal." Taking two smaller feathers, They tied back any hair on Their face. Slowly, They tested their range and movement. They reached the ceiling in a stretch, then outward. The directions weren't complex, but the nerves were repairing them quickly.

"At least they're working." Then, grabbing a sweatshirt, they worked it over their head and wings. Although, putting on jeans wasn't an option with the wounds covering their legs. So short it was.