(20) 嚥下痛 Engetsū

The rain pounded against their skull, each liquid bullet pulling their mind back into another realm of unknowns. Their shoes were soaked through the bone, squelching against the cold concrete. Their limbs barely lifted from the concrete to slam back down with a small splash.

Soon, the house they were looking for came into view. Its simplistic style and heartwarming light shone through the windows, and shadows splayed against the walls, sending an unknown warmth spreading through their chest. Walking past the gates, they knocked against the door only to hear a familiar yelling from the other side.

"Katsuki! The door, please! I have hot Katsudon!"

"Yeah Yeah," The door creaked open, and on the other side was a familiar face. "I heard you the first time, you old hag!" Bakugou finally looked at the visitor standing soaking wet in the foyer.

"... It's you. You're soaking wet." His voice lowered to a whisper. They found a new interest in their shoes. "I-I'm just here for Ivan... Where is he?"

Ivan soon pushed past Bakugou, slamming into their midsection. "Go on and get your things, we're going home." Ivan gave a cheeky smile and pushed back inside.

"What happened to you? You fucking vanished."

They didn't dare look into Bakugou's gaze. They didn't know what they would found, but they knew it wouldn't be something they weren't ready to here. "N-nothing... I didn't see it beneficial to stay."

Their throat tightened and dried out. (y/n) turned to the side, watching the rain pour onto the sidewalks and puddle towards the end of the street. Bakugou's warm hand clamped around their cold and wet wrist.

They glanced at his hand but didn't look up. "I know that's not the truth; what the fuck is going on with you? But, ever since the USJ, you've been acting weird, and I want an answer (y/n)."

They chewed on the inside of their cheek as their heart plummited. "It's personal; please don't pry."

"Why does that wolf chick know so much about it if it's so personal?" Bakugou yanked (y/n) close, staring intently into their eyes. The silence that hung overhead was deafening. Each one was met with determination to either confess or stay silent.

Seconds dragged on until Ivan came around the corner from gathering his things. Bakugou let go of (y/n) with a huff.

Meanwhile, Ivan grabbed their hand. "What are you two talking about?" They pulled the hood over his head, wiping away some of the rain from his cheeks.

"It's ok, just a conversation, firefly. Come on."

They turned and started to walk out of the sheltered foryer. Bakugou once again caught their wrist, almost yanking them back underneath it.

"Stop; I want to know what this is. It looks like it's hurting you."

"It's not essential that you know. "

"Yes, it is! You're losing control over whatever this is! I don't want to see you-"

They snapped. "I said stop! I'm not losing control over it, and," they pointed between the two of them, "this is none of your business!"

Bakugou still refused to let go of their wrist. His expression remaining stern. "... Let me go." He pulled up the bloodied sleeve, revealing a cut. With their free hand, they covered Ivan's eyes.

"You need to get help (y/n)! You're fucking bleeding all over!"

(y/n) ripped their arm away, glare set ablaze on the angry teen. They bit into their lip, repressing the urge to slap him.

"Do not test me Katsuki Bakugou. I saved your life to repay a favor. But, you'll drop this issue until I say."

They turned around, ignoring the stunned stare Bakugou gave, and tugged Ivan off the property. They pulled him up close in a hug in a attempt not to see their darkening gaze.

"Sorry, you had to see that, Firefly."

They stumbled down the streets in the rain until the apartment building was in reach. (y/n) left a trail of water down the halls and a puddle by the door. They let Ivan down and he rushed inside towards the bathroom. He came back with a worried look and a towel. With a weary smile.

"Thank you Firefly. Go rest now, it's late."

Ivan did as told, although he looked as if he wanted to ask what the conversation was about, but he knew better than to ask.

(y/n) stumbled up the stairs and into their bedroom. Tearing off the wet clothes, they stood, there, staring at themselves in the mirror. They sighed, wrapping the crystal wings around themsevles, wishing for tomorrow to be over already.

They curled up underneath the wings, wanting everyone to just leave them alone.

"I don't wanna face it... Momma, Papa."