(30) Okaerinasai

She lay there, body sore and aching. Mind thumping along to the incoherent drones of hospital alarms. Then, finally, panic set in, forcing (y/n) out of her heavy slumber and returning to reality. Still ripe with shock, Bakugou held onto her shoulders, shaking them violently back and forth.

"I said get up! All you do is cause trouble!"

She glanced out the window into the hallway; people rushed back and forth, doctors pushing patients out on beds. A distinct echo of helicopters vibrated the ceiling overhead.

"W-what's... I-"

Bakugou latched onto her wrist with enough force to cut off circulation and dragged her out of bed. Her limbs had the consistency of jelly, stumbling as he pulled (y/n) out into the overcrowded halls. A calm pre-recorded message vaguely sounded overhead. People panicked, pushing anyone and everyone out of their way to find a nearby exit.

"Bakugou...? What's going on?" Her voice drowned out in the sea of distraught family members searching for missing relatives. Bakugou, not even a foot away, ignored the sound of his name. Instead, she planted a foot into the smooth tile, leaving behind a streak.

Bakugou's arm grew taut as he tried to move past the sea of people. Her feet planted, letting his name ring out with the little voice she had left.

"Bakugou!"

He turned back with an uncomfortable grin. "What? We have to keep moving."

Taking her free hand, she yanked her wrist from his grasp. People all around were moving in the opposite direction than he was going. All blood drained from her face, emotions running rampant. She stepped back, limbs tingling.

"You're not Bakugou."

The male stood still, staring down at the ground. His lips twisted into a grin. He chuckled. Quickly, it grew into maniacal laughter. The last of the people trickled out of the hall, leaving the two of them alone.

Its chortle dwindled into a drawn-out silence. He sighed, covering his eyes with a bruised hand. "Quite preceptive you are. Little Dove." He grew, clothes transforming into the all too familiar long black cloak stained with splotches of her blood. A single feather strung around his neck like a trophy.

(y/n) stepped back, heart dropping into her stomach.

He stepped forward to take a single strand of the (h/c) hair, holding it to his nose for a long uncomfortable sniff. "My my, what a lovely expression that is. Full of rage and fear. Its quite, delicous."

She backed up only for him to follow, staying far too close for comfort. Cold fingertips latched onto her pale cheeks. They were forcing her to stare into his dark, emotionless eyes. All the air trickled from her lungs, words becoming useless.

A hand latched onto his pale boney one. Following the hand and arm, Bakugou stood at the end of it. Brow knitted together, teeth grinding. He has never directed this mode in her direction, yet it emerges when he senses a threat, which is part of the full-on protective mode. His softer self has taken a backseat, and the hero has the wheel.

The male ripped his hand away, and Bakugou stayed there, hand mid-air, entirely still. Bakugou spoke, low and soft. Never once removing his eyes from the palm of his hand.

"And what are you doing here?" Bakugou stepped to face the smirking male, eyes alive with malice.

"Why should I care? I'm here for what's rightfully mine in the first place."

Bakugou stepped in front of (y/n), who shook and huddled against the closest wall.

The male laughed, chest heaving with chortling laughter. It was dry and lacked all sorts of emotion. He pressed a gloved hand to his forehead. "Ah, it's been a while since I could laugh like that." He said with a drawn-out breathy chuckle heavy on his pale lips. "Now, I should probably reward you for that."