(22) 時間に負けたすべての人に Jikan ni maketa subete no hito ni

Today felt quiet. Ivan was his peppy self on the way to drop him off to school. The sun vanished and peeked in and out of clouds between the incoming storms.

Still, a part of you felt weighted. A heavy pile on your chest, weighing down your breath.

School st U.A. was no different. Training went on as normal, yet by the time it came to an end. The rain started.

It drizzled down to pitter patter across rooftops. Danced along rivers and sidewalks alike.

Words were no different to you today. They came and went with responses of the same. The sound of a bell rang lightly amongst the rampant inner thoughts in your head.

Slowly, almost painfully, you just walked. The soft sounds of your footfalls drowned out by the increasing rain-only to be accompanied by the screech of the crystal wings dragging across the ground.

It didn't matter where you were going. Long as it wasn't here. No where a hero could ever set eyes on you. You came to U.A.'s large gates, where you stood there, staring at the cars zooming down the street.

"(y/n)! Look out!"

The words and images flashed mockingly in your head. Your gaze lowered to your shoes.

"Now now, we'll always love you! You're my children!"

Your fingers loosened on the bag, barely able to keep it grasped within your hand. Seconds crawled by. Voices came and went. Then, the bag fell to the ground.

"(y/n)! Are you listening?"

You slowly turned to glance at Kirishima. He held an umbrella and a concerned look. You hated it.

Plastering a quick smile on, you greeted him softly. "Hello. Yes, I'm alright."

A frown pulled on his features. "I don't think so. You're crying." He held the umbrella over your head, attempting to keep you from getting more wet.

"Shitty Hair! What in the fuck are you doing?"

Your gaze fell back to your shoes. A lump formed in your throat. It was uncomfortable, just as this whole day. You'd wish it would end.

Kirishima glanced at Bakugou who was closing distance. "Hey man! Just checking up on (y/n)."

Bakugou's footsteps came to a sudden stop. "What in the hell do you mean? Something wrong with em'?"

Yes.

You snatched the bag laying at your feet and turned around. A smile stay plastered on your face.

"I'm perfectly fine you two! No need to worry." Bakugou's expression dropped from confused to concerned. It made your heart churn.

"Hey, are you sure?" Kirishima sounded like he didn't want to frighten you. "You were standing here... Crying."

I hate today. Let it end.

A nervous chuckle escaped your lips. You waved off all concerns. It didn't matter. "I wasn't, it was the rain."

Bakugou stepped closer, coming so close his shoes almost touched yours. Yet, you couldn't look him in the eye.

Stop it. Stop.

"Why are your eyes red?" His voice was much calmer than before. It set you on edge. His hands shoved into his pockets reached out and placed a umbrella into your palm.

You stood there, staring at it. It was small, and clear. Nothing special about it.

Stop being concerned about me. I can handle it. I always have.