(24) 欲しかった Wanted

Warning: suggestive themes

Your body felt as if it had been beaten and tossed onto the floor. The more awareness you gained, the more pain coursed through you, making you groan.

A sharp ache pounded behind your skull. Feeling as if your brain was doing backflips inside your head.

"Issy, wake up! Don't leave me!" It took a moment to regain enough awareness to realize that Ivan was talking. Then, your heavy eyes cracked open to see a blurred figure standing above you.

Worry was written in his amber eyes. "(y/n)! Come on! Please!" You breathed shakily as Ivan met your gaze. Relief flooded his amber gaze.

"I-I'm alright..." You sat up slowly with apparent protests of your lower and upper body.

Soon as you were upright, Ivan's more petite body crashed into your abdomen. A slight pain rocked right through you, almost making you squeak. That spot on your neck was incredibly tender from that dammed needle. Not to complain, but it hurt like a mother trucker, to be honest.

You lightly stroked Ivan's (h/c) hair while he cried in your arms. In the meantime, you looked around the area. It was dark; little to no light seeped through a large metal door almost teasingly.

The concrete floor held no insulation, so the only thing keeping anyone warm was the mangy blanket in the corner. Something on the opposite walls caught your attention. That being two sets of chains connecting to the metal walls.

Your blood ran cold as Ivan tightened his grip around you. Ivan was still young, and he didn't need to have this on his mind. Worrying about you was the last thing he needed. Although you knew how much it might break you both.

"Ivan... Listen to me very carefully." Ivan looked up at you with his amber eyes dripping like honey. "At the first chance you get... leave. I'll be alright; tell anyone everything you know, okay?"

He frowned. "No. I can't do that to you."

They grabbed his shoulders, looking into his fearful amber eyes brimmed with tears. "You have to. You're all I have left, firefly. I can't bare to lose you too."

His knuckles dug into the uniform until they turned ashy white. Your entire body froze, almost stuck at this moment.

Footsteps sounded from behind the thick walls, from only one person. Again, your whole body grew tense as you shoved the young boy behind you.

Seconds crawled by, and your heartbeat got louder by the second. Then, finally, an alarm sounded from above. Crisp and shrill, yet your eyes never wavered from the door.

Its handle giggled before creaking open. A familiar young man stepped through. Dark skin, blue tattoos, and white hair. He was the guy who was at the USJ.

He timidly walked in, eyes squinting in the darkness. He sighed with relief.

"I knew you two be in here. Come on, let's get out of here before they track us down."

You sat there in shock. "But... Who are you?"

The male crawled close, holding a finger to his mouth. "I'm Kite, otherwise known as a hero. I've been undercover here for weeks trying to see what they were up to."

Your entire body sank; one person wasn't going to help. Ivan clung to your arm, shaking. You gathered him into your arms, shoving Ivan into Kite's.

"Listen to me. Get him out of here. He's just a kid."

Ivan reached out, tears falling down his cheeks. "Issy, no! Come with us!"

Kite bit his lip. "Why?"

All you could do was smile. "Because he's my entire life. I'll gladly stay just to make sure he gets a bright future he deserves. I won't go down so easily."

Ivan squirmed in his arms, almost throwing himself out.

"We'll have others sent here right away. Please don't get yourself killed."

"Not in my plans today, Mr. hero."

Kite turned to leave, Ivan crying, kicking over his shoulder. It was so odd to hear someone yell out.

"Issy! (y/n)! No! You can't stay! Issy!" His cries pushed a knife into her chest. Now wasn't the time.

You might be quirkless, but going down without a fight wasn't the plan.