Chapter 7

** GHOST POV **

Meanwhile in Dubai...

"The First Abu Dhabi Bank was robbed today, the culprits stealing $342 million dollars. Police tried to apprehend the suspects, who they believe are also responsible for the string of robberies that have been striking the largest banks in the world over the past few months. Over a billion dollars has been stolen-"

I clicked the power button on the remote, turning the television that was mounted on my wall off. I always hated watching the damn news anyways. Like the rest of our home, my desk was neat, not a single item out of place, my severe OCD won't allow me to live in a pigsty. The furniture was lavish, and the walls were adorned with expensive artwork. I tossed the remote onto my pristine modern grey desk and leaned back into my leather office chair.

We have multiple safe houses all over the world, dozens in each country and city, but this one has always been one of my favorites. I sat in the office of safe house 4. The lights were dimmed, the majority of the light coming from the soft glow of the moonlight that shined through the large windows.

It was a lavish penthouse that overlooked the beautiful city, giving me a perfect view of the Burj Khalifa surrounded by the city lights below. I've always loved the hustle of city life, never knowing how some people can be so content living in the country surrounded by nothing but trees, never ending darkness, and unbearable silence.

I like to come here as often as I can, the view soothing my mind and troubled soul. Usually, it works as my muse, a cure to my frenzied thoughts and a catalyst for my strategical creativity... but not tonight.

I grabbed a cigarette from the top drawer and lit it as I stared at the sleek white vault in the center of my desk, my journal sitting to the right of it just in case. I exhaled the smoke into the air as my mind raced with possibilities.

Benji Okanowa. Benji. Fucking. Okanowa.

Was this a trap?

Did I act too impulsively?

Is he toying with me?

Did he know that we've been the ones behind these massive heists?

Did he plant this vault there to lure us in?

I should have left it alone.

I shouldn't have grabbed it.

You just couldn't be happy with the millions...no you just had to be a selfish motherfucker, didn't you?

My thoughts ran wild as I grabbed my lock picking tools from the top drawer, holding them tightly in my hands. Just as I was about to start picking the lock, I heard footsteps rapidly approaching from outside my door.

I quickly grabbed the box, threw it in the bottom drawer of my desk, and locked it before my door swung open, revealing a slightly flustered Fox.

"G, we need you to come talk some sense into Rebel...again." Fox said as she rolled her eyes.

"What happened this time?" I said seriously as I quickly stood up and we both walked out into the hallway that was covered with beautiful and detailed artwork.

"We ordered pizza to celebrate the fact that we're now billionaires, and her pizza's burnt." Fox said to me as she raised an eyebrow.

"Fucking Christ." I said under my breath as we heard the sounds of a furious Caribbean woman coming from the living room.

We turned the corner to see the pizza man standing against the wall, his arms out to his sides as he cried hysterically while looking at a screaming Rebel in front of him. Storm was nonchalantly watching Guardians of the Galaxy on the plush couch, casually ignoring the chaos behind him.