Chapter 33

GHOST POV

I took a deep breath as I walked out of the jet and grasped the handrail. There was a cool breeze that caressed my face. I opened my eyes to see another jet across the tarmac, a jet that I happen to recognize as one of our own. I heard the crew yelling about something behind the doors of the jet, and as much as I enjoyed my solitude with Damon, part of me was happily anticipating the return of the noise and excitement of the crew. 

My eyes wandered down the runway and towards the city in the distance. London. My... home? I have the fucking accent so I must be from here, right? There has to be something in this city linking my past to the chaotic life I now live. In all honestly, I've been avoiding London like the plague, but if being here means I can provide a peaceful life for myself, the crew... and Damon, then it's a risk I'm willing to take. 

"Fuckin' finally!" Rebel yelled out as the doors to their jet opened and the stairs descended, effectively pulling me out of my thoughts. Rebel walked down the stairs and threw her dufflebag carelessly onto the tarmac as I began to walk towards her. She quickly closed the distance between us and tossed her arms around my shoulders, and squeezed me so tightly that it nearly knocked the wind out of me. 

"Nice to see you to Reb." I breathed. I was never one for physical affection, and being in this close of proximity with someone other than Damon made my skin crawl, yet I found myself reluctantly hugging her back. I felt Rebel flinch slightly, before she pulled away and stared at me with her eyebrow raised. 

"Damon, what the fuck did you do to her?!"  Rebel said before looking at me with a slight smile and walking away. "She's broken!" She said as she raised her hands up in the air. Damon simply chuckled as he threw me a smirk that made my heart race before stepping off the jet and onto the tarmac. 

"DAMON!" Gio screamed as he pushed Angelo down the stairs of their jet, making him scream out a spew of profanities. 

"DAMON! OH DAMON I MISSED YOUR FACE SO MUCH!" Gio screamed as he jumped to hug Damon. Damon simply rolled his eyes and quickly side stepped Gio, making him nearly face plant on the concrete. 

Hearing Gio's wailing voice made me realize how relaxing the past few days have been without him here, suddenly making me miss the solitude and silence dearly.  

"He got a little clingy after the whole 'me almost dying' incident a few years ago." Damon said as he raised an eyebrow and looked over at me. I gave him a small smile, feeling the blush creep up into my cheeks as I remembered our time together, earning me a wink from Damon. 

There was something about Damon, something that made me feel safe, something that made me feel... loved maybe? I'm not sure what it was, but I felt so connected to this man, mentally, emotionally, and now physically. Part of me is worried that I'm becoming too close to this man, after all, we haven't known each other that long. Yet spending every single day together for the past few weeks has been the happiest time of my life, at least, as far as I can remember. Honestly, I can't imagine myself with anyone else. 

"I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU." Gio yelled as he grasped Damons leg, latching onto it. 

"Jesus Gio, we weren't even separated a week." Damon said as he rolled his eyes. 

"If you all are finished with your little reunion, we have to get moving. Now." Fox said sternly as she and Storm walked out of the jet, serious expressions etched on their faces. Fox looked directly at me, and I instantly knew something was wrong. I walked over to her, stepping over a still wailing Gio in the process, and meeting her halfway on the tarmac, Storm following close behind. 

"What's wrong?" I said seriously and my expression hardened. 

"This IP addresses popped up right before we landed." Fox said as she quickly pulled out her phone.

"Is it them?" I said in a low voice, my heart pounding in my chest.

"No. I don't recognize the address, but someone is trying pretty damn hard to find you." Fox said as she furrowed her brows. 

"Deja Vu." I said under my breath as I looked over my shoulder to see Damon scolding Gio while shaking his leg, attempting to get the human man child off of him. "How are they trying to find me?" I asked as I looked back at her. Fox quickly typed away on her phone, and I watched as her eyebrow slowly raised as she read the information on her phone. 

"Looks like they've been searching for you for the past year." She said as she looked up at me. "They started looking into the bank heists we pulled... then they pulled the street camera footage from our little jail break in California." She said as she turned her screen around. On it was a video of Damon driving, while I was sticking my head out of the sunroof, shooting at the vehicles pursing us. 

"Lovely." I said as I rolled my eyes. 

"What should we do about this?" Storm said seriously as he crossed his arms. 

"Nothing for now." I said after a moment. "We have to deal with our task at hand first, then after this is all over, we can focus on this... if necessary." I said as I exhaled and looked over at Damon, who is now smacking Gio on the head, trying to get him to release his grip on his leg. 

"Ghost are you serious?" Storm said angrily before he clenched his jaw. "For the past year someone has been looking for you... which means they're probably looking for US too." Storm said defensively as we began walking towards the Range Rover, which was parked in a structure a few hundred feet away. 

"Fox, how many people have tried looking for me in the past month?" I said as I rolled my eyes. 

"Hm... roughly 235 attempts last time I checked." She said as she looked up to the sky. 

"From where?" I said, unsurprised at the news as I motioned for Angelo to gather Damon and Gio. 

"Different government agencies, mercenaries, guns for hire, pretty much the entire spectrum from law enforcement to assassins have been looking for you." Fox said as she looked at her Storm. "This is nothing new brother." Fox said calmly. 

As I looked at the vehicle, something felt off. I looked at the concrete surrounding the car, and noticed faint scuff marks near the passenger seat. I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw some prints left on the handle. Storm loves our vehicles like they're his own children, he cleans them constantly, and always makes sure they're ready and prepared before we leave any location. 

"... Alright fine. We'll just ignore this mystery stalker... for now." Storm said as he unlocked the doors of the Range Rover as we neared the all black vehicle. 

"GET DOWN, NOW." I screamed as I grabbed Fox and Storms arms. I turned my body rapidly and began sprinting away from the vehicle. 

"Ghost, what the fuck are yo-" Storm said right before an explosion filled the air. My back felt hot, feeling the flames from the detonation caress my skin. The power form the burst sent us flying forward, and we braced ourselves as we hit the pavement and covered heads. 

"GHOST!" I faintly heard Damon scream over the high pitched buzzing in my ears. I looked around to see the Range Rover ignited, the large flames engulfing the parking structure it was under. Metal debris scraping against the pavement as the wreckage began to settle. I touched my head, and flinched slightly as I felt the warm blood on my forehead. 

Someone just tried to kill us. Someone just blew my fucking Range Rover to shreds. Someone just tried to kill the closest thing I have to a family. 

Someone knows we're here... and that someone knew where we'd be. 

"Babe! Look at me!" Damon said as he kneeled down next to me, cupping my face in his hands, examining my wounds. 

I glanced over at Fox, who was rubbing her head as she began to sit up, Angelo quickly at her side helping her. She had a few cuts from some metal scraps, but nothing too serious. 

"Fox, get me everything on the fucker trying to find me." I said weakly before everything went black.