Chapter 16

** DAMON CARBONE POV **

"Are you fucking kidding me? I can't believe you made that deal!" Angelo yelled in frustration as we walked into a beach house Ghost called "Safe House 201", whatever the hell that means. 

I haven't had the time to inform Angelo and Gio that we were partnered with four of the most successful and elusive criminals in the world, so when they overhead my deal with Miss Thorn, they instantly started to lose their shit. The crew was unfazed as usual, already planning on how to break her son, Axel out of jail. 

"This is absurd. We've been running from the cops our entire lives, now you want us to break into one of the most secure facilities in America? What the hell is wrong with you?!" Gio said as ran up beside us. 

"Oh stop being a lil' bitch, will you?" Rebel said from behind us, giving Gio a scowl. 

"Conference room." Ghost simply said as she walked past us with a cigarette in her mouth. 

"Damon, you've had a shit ton of horrid ideas, but this one is by far your worst." Angelo whispered to me as we walked a few feet behind the crew, who was mumbling and already planning for the job. 

"You remember those robberies that have been happening all over the country?" I whispered to him, boredom lacing my tone. 

"Yeah? What about them?" Angelo said quietly. I nodded towards Ghost, Rebel, Storm and Fox, then looked back at him with my eyebrow raised. 

"No shit." Gio said beside us as his eyes widened. 

"So it's going to go just fine, brother." I said as I patted his back roughly before walking through the door to the office. We all took our seats around the wooden conference table as Fox and Angelo sat beside each other behind the desk in the corner. 

Fox pulled up all of the files on Axel and the penitentiary, filling the screen on the wall with details on everything: files on the guards, the facility blueprints, the security breakdown, a street view covering a 10 mile radius from the prison, fucking everything. 

"Let's get started then, shall we?" Ghost said as she took a long drag of her cigarette and walked in front of the screen, her eyes darting and scanning all the information in front of her. 

7 Hours later...

"Does everyone understand the plan?" Ghost said as she leaned back in her chair. We've been in here for hours, only taking a break when Rebel ordered pizza, which ended up taking longer than expected because she shot the man in the head because her pizza wasn't burnt enough, so we had to wait until she cleaned that shit up to continue. 

"Which one? Plan A,B,C, or D?" Gio's groaned in exhaustion as he slammed his head against the desk. 

"All of them." Ghost said as she glared at him. She took the time to come up with a detailed and intricate plan, then took it upon herself to come up with three backup plans. They rolled out a whiteboard, and for hours I watched as Ghost mapped out and drew her perfectly throughout plans in her flawless penmanship. 

"Fox, make sure you send the annotated copies of the plan to this fool." Rebel smirked as she looked at a groaning Gio. 

"We're going to hit the penitentiary tomorrow night at 7:00 sharp. It's late, I'd recommend everyone get's a good nights sleep, we're going to have one hell of a day tomorrow." She said before she stood up and exited the room without another word. 

We all went straight to our room, mentally exhausted from memorizing detailed information and strategies. I entered my lavish guest room and locked the door behind me. I threw off my shirt and tossed it into a hamper in the bathroom. I reached in my duffle bag and grabbed some sweatpants, when my hand grazed the cover of the journal hidden at the bottom of it.