Chapter 8

**DAMON CARBONE POV **

The flight to Paris was worse than any form or torture I could imagine. First class was completely full, so we had to fly economy. I was the unfortunate soul that was lodged between Angelo and Gio on the seven hour and fifteen minute flight.

Within the first hour, they managed to annoy me so badly, that I slammed their heads into each other, gaining the attention of an undercover Warden on the plane. So I spent the remaining six hours, with my hands zip tied behind my back sitting next to the Warden in the back of the plane.

I'm not sure which pissed me off more: The fact that this particular warden had no idea what personal hygiene meant, and smelled like shit, or the fact that Gio convinced the Warden that I was mentally challenged, and he believed him immediately.

We walked through the foreign airport, and I couldn't help but smile. We weren't in our home country of Italy, but we were in Europe, and it was the closest I've been to home since I was exiled five years ago. The food, the culture, the architecture, the woman, the cars, everything was better in Europe. The United States has nothing on this incredible continent.

We walked through the airport and grabbed our bags. It was difficult to smuggle guns, ammo, and the other weapons we needed through customs, so we were only able to grab one handgun, a knife, and a clip of ammo for each of us. I lifted my suitcase off the conveyer belt effortlessly while I made a mental note to pick up more weapons before we went to the bar, but Angelo's phone starting ringing loudly, bringing me out of my thoughts. He pulled it out of his pocket and unlocked it, and I watched as my friends brown eyes went wide.

"Boss, I just got alerted that our Fatale just walked into Trou de Glorie. She's alone." Angelo said seriously as he showed me his phone.

I looked down at it to see the blonde haired beauty opening the large red door to the bar, and looking directly at the street camera before slowly walking inside. It was as if her hazel eyes were staring right into my soul, making me sharply intake a breath.

"Do you think she was the one who tried to shut your system down?" Gio huffed as he struggled to carry his over packed bag off of the conveyer belt. He dropped it onto the smooth floor, and it landed with a loud thud before falling over.

"Most likely. In the footage from the police department, she avoided looking into the cameras, and now she's looking directly at it." Angelo said as his eyebrows furrowed.

"She's baiting us." I stated as I started to walk towards the exit, Angelo and Gio following closely behind.

"So what are we going to do?" Gio asked as we reached the side of the street. He flailed his arms in the air rapidly, trying to get the attention of some of the taxi's passing by. The drivers would look at him, and ignore the obnoxious gesture as they drove past him.

"Fuckers!" Gio growled in annoyance as he walked over to a tree, bent down, and picked up a large rock.

"We go to the bar, stay low-key, and have a conversation with her." I shrugged while Gio quickly walked over to us, and threw the rock across the street, aiming it at a taxi cab. The rock hit the windshield of a taxi driving by, shattering the glass, and causing the car to skid to a stop while honking their horn loudly, creating a scene.

"Low-key huh?" Angelo said as we looked at our best friend as he quickly walked over to the taxi.

"Besides, how are we going to convince her to help us?" Angelo said as we watched the taxi driver get out of the car and start yelling at Gio in French.

"It's not like we can just walk up to her and say, 'Hi, you don't know us and we don't know you, but can you pretty please help us gain control over one of the largest and most deadly Mafias in the world?'" Angelo said as he puffed his chest out and imitated my deep voice. We grabbed our bags and walked towards Gio and the screaming taxi driver.