21- For A Children's War

I've recently heard the flyers finally made a move. The chances of us succeeding in our mission is as low as ever. I'm sure that they'll raise their security measurements just to be prepared for the next attack and the news didnt go so well with our hosts.
"Get him out! He'll get us killed," they shouted at me like I couldn't hear nor could I feel. It was terrible, this made me remember my school days of being helpless. Of course, Iida tried to persuade them the same as the guy who was supposed to lead them. His persuading didnt help much.

"Todoroki-kun. I don't think I'll be able to do anything," he said as the anger slowly dies down from the crowd. Iida and the others could stay and they'll be safe. I was ready to make the choice and leave for sake. If you weigh the pros and cons, or just take a look at our situation. It'll be a win-win. I can't gurantee as soon as I step out of the house, I'll be safe but as long as they are, I can live peacefully knowing that. Iida punches me in the stomach knowing what I was thinking. He started screaming,"Don't you dare leave as well!" Ahh.. Midoriya, I might be able to see you again. I put a hand on his shoulder softly, "I have to." I didn't pack anything. I just... I just wanted to see Midoriya again.

I specifically ordered them not to greet me off. It would be difficult for all of us if that had happened. Everyone went to the bunker to wait for me to leave. They had to pretend everything will be alright I guess I made it harder for them.

As soon as I stepped outside, a missed gunshot flew by the side of my head. I panic and run to the trees. What the hell! Soon, walkers holding guns pointed only at me started popping out of the bushes like pimples in season. "Todoroki Shoto, you are arrested by the committee and by your Elder of high resistance to the government and defying rules designed for the peace of our worlds. You are accused of murder and starting a war propaganda." Wait! That's not true. I didn't kill anyone while I was here. I maybe the reason why the war started but I could never kill. It's not me. They made me follow them into a highly armored van. Before so, they tied my hands with chains behind my back. My wings closely tied up together. I feel like livestock ready to be given off to the meat grinder. As they open the door, I saw a familiar face. Before I could even process they pushed me inside and locked the doors. There was no light inside. I made my wing's ice slowly melt to see. The fire from my wing was a handy source of light. I move my body to see his face. Bakugou!? His eyes were blindfolded, his wings covered in metal. His hands had traces of chains. What did they do to you. I whisper in his ear, "Bakugou." I could hear explosions going on behind him. He was struggling, the chains made so much noise. "Shhh." I closely put my chest to his face. "It's me Todoroki." I couldn't hear any more explosions and I could hear his breathing slowing down. He started talking "You.. YOU! BRAT!" He used his head to push me down. Ugh! It hurts. His voice was clearly dehydrated but he tried to scream, "Don't  tell me I sacrificed myself just so you could get captured too, don't tell me I endured this torture for someone who's dumb enough to let themselves be outnumbered twice!" He'll be disappointed if he knew that number is actually bigger. We're against an entire world. There's not much we could do. "I'm sorry." I couldn't say much at all. There was silence until he brought up something. "I received your message you know. The video thing. The Lower Halfs has it too and I'm sure the Elder as well." He softly chuckled slowly having no voice left. "That message was supposed to be for everyone anyway. We just had to prolong the time they'll actually find it. We released it to the public intentionally but of course, some parts were cut out." I'm glad it went with what was planned. It would be a shame if the letter I had sent wasn't able to get received to the person it was addressed to.

We both sighed together. "Do you have any idea what they'll do to you or what they'll do to me again?" he asked in such a serious tone. The serious coldness from my wing, circled us. I just answered him,"I know you're probably hurting. You didn't expect me to be here but if you let me, I can set both of us free. Sadly, I wouldn't really know what else to do." There wasn't much light to the outside, no windows either. There's no way of knowing where we were. It's an ultimate guess and luck. We could be in a military base, it's really just an intense guess. I could feel him grin, knowing I had an idea what he'll choose. Bakugou, my most reckless friend and when needed can be the most reliable, I give you myself.

The first step was to unfreeze the chaos. As the ice slowly melts, I let out the demons inside of me. I burned the ties that were keeping me hold. Next was to save Bakugou, his metal case meant I had to use ice to soften it. The following step will be up to Bakugou, with high impact from his explosion and the already weak enough of a metal. Lastly, I had to remove his blindfold. His eyes I could feel his determination in them that he had all it takes to have this.

My eyes closed and I started focusing. From my wing to where we were sitting until the whole thing was in ice, I didn't stop there. I made sure it was firmly stuck to the ground. Bakugou blast open the car though we didn't see much except for the moon. Trees everywhere and also more enemies. I freeze the other vehicles to the ground especially the doors stuck. I look to Bakugou and asked, "Where to next? I can't hold them for long forever." He points up to the sky. "We need to go back. If we stay here any longer, no one will take our side." Go back? There are people I need to protect. People here that are already by our side. "That's not true. There's people by our side already. See what I see please Bakugou. We can't run away forever. This war was my fault and I-" He flicks my forehead and laughs. "Idiot. We can't run away from a war that much I know. Though if we're here for any longer, we won't be able to do much for the war except run away because seeing something behind a person's back already means violence to them. At least up there we can regroup with my henchmen. Surely, they're following my last order before I gave myself to an idiot." He emphasized quite harshly the idiot part with still an intense lingering anger. I wanted to ask what he could have ordered them to do but I feel like I couldn't

The ground started shaking, "What's happening?" We both spread out our wings ready to fly away from the situation. There was a problem. Suddenly, explosions surrounded us. We fly up to see what was going on. There was a huge fire covering almost everything, they're looking for the Lower Halfs leader. No, possibly this country's president. A flyer flew by but stopped when they saw us. "Todoroki?" It was a much feminine voice calling my name. She flew down, we followed. She removes her helmet and started to introduce herself. "The Elder has been looking for you. We wanted to save you from this horrible world that killed off my baby. We don't have much time but I promise you that you'll be safe with us now." Bakugou didn't hesitate to follow her back up to our world but I did. I remember my name being dragged to the ground and it was done no other than my own people. What am I saying? I fought for peace, I shouldn't choose a side. Everyone's my people but until then strengthening is the only option we have left. Bakugou stopped to turn around for me, kicking him in the back and flying ahead of him made him realize what he needed.