24-The Last Breath

As I fly down, my heart was sinking and beating. Everything in my head was a mess. As I fly down, I saw the world on fire. Smoke went into my lungs as I try to breathe, it was terrible. It looked like hell's twin was born.

As we looked around, I saw more people trying to put more wood for the fire. I see, this is their strategy. I could see the First Liners struggling to see and breath through the thick smoke. It was effective but overall they forgot to rule out abnormalities. For example, me.

I quickly went down to the source of the fire and froze the middle. It turned to solid ice and the Lower Halfs were confused as what just had happened.Unfazed, the others continued with the mission. I immediately regrouped with the First Liners as they go through with their mission.

I look and up saw that they weren't sending the next Line. We need to stall because we're too few to move freely. We don't have backup, it'll be a terrible decision to move without one. I saw the Lower Halfs running around. Why were they? They were running everywhere. We just continued to move to the location we were told to go to without hesitating.

As we get closer, more of them could be seen running. Holding wood or something of the sort? It's hard to determine when you're so high up in the sky. The place wasn't so far but also wasn't safe. Still the others flew without thinking straight inside of the Hall. The place where their Leader was known to be in all day. The doors were strangely open. Some stayed behind with me so that we could defend the others when someone tries to go inside. I whiffed a scent of  smoke but I tried to not mind it.

Until!
I saw the doors of the Halls close, the others panicked and tried to head to the door to open it. Why would they do this?... .Wait! "ITS A TRAP!!!" I screamed loud but they were so focused on saving the others, they couldn't hear me. I heard crackling and suddenly a huge flame, reaching almost to the clouds, appeared. The smoke could probably reach up there. Damn it! Should I extinguish the fire or save the others first. 

I glided down immediately and used my right wing once again. I turned to look at the doors of the Hall. The others were struggling to open it. Then I saw one of them suddenly fall to the ground, it took a while but a shotgun sound echoed to my ear. They're finishing us off. They're bleeding. Damn it. Damn it. I fly up to see the situation, they were struggling to breath. It went straight in the middle of the cloud we were setting our base. I'm used to breathing the smoke because of my wing but the others aren't as lucky as I am to have this curse.

The next Line was immediately sent to investigate. I saw Bakugou heading down not looking at the fire but at the Hall. I fly down to him accidentally going too fast pushing the both of us down to the ground. "Idiot! You could have killed me if if it wasn't for this thick armor!" He yelled but the sound of crackling from the fire was louder than him grunting. "We need to find Midoriya, Todoroki."

He points to the Hall, "He's in there along with their Leader. He's being hidden underground. They knew you would want to see him so they're trying to use him as bait."

"But Bakugou! Who knows what they'll do? Won't they kill me?" I hesitated as I was panicking. I literally just saw 3 men die, can I even save 1? Can I save him?

"This is a risk you must take because the public is here too to watch you. Set an example for Flyers, take Midoriya and go outside together. Surrender to the masses because your fate is up to them. Show them, we are people too with feelings capable of love and forming brotherhoods more than having wings and no wings that this war is as meaningless as the reason why it began. Everyone will watch you, show them Todoroki."

"Damn it! You know how to get me Bakugou. No matter what, still being a strategist I see. I'll go in there with every intent to get out." We hugged each other tightly then quickly he released me. I fly straight into the door though before colliding with the door. I froze it to make it frail. Soldiers with huge guns pointed at me, I didn't hesitate to freeze them to the ground with only their head sticking out. I was getting too tired quickly because using my power this much comes with limitations and I might reach it soon. I saw their Leader walk out of a door with their arms up in the air. "Todoroki, glad to see you. It has been long years since we last met and I must say you've made an impression. I've heard about your small group thought they were hard to capture but we managed well. You're message is meaningless." His hand quickly goes in his pocket. I quickly stretched my wing to his direction and froze him to the ground. He's probably holding a weapon.