[2] Oh Boy, New Friends

Keith boarded the Red Lion. He slid into the seat, fired up the engine, and got ready for takeoff. As the ship went airborne, Keith lowered his head and closed his eyes. A simper formed upon his face as he recalled the question he was asked earlier.

"If I may ask, what is your name. . .?" asked the girl with her hair swept up in the wind. The conflagration before her feet. The golden lighting which radiated from the flames settled along the lining her figure.

He reclined back in the seat and sighed.

"You may wanna watch where you're going." Keith opened his eyes only to see you looking down at him. "Hi," you giggled.

"GAH!" he screamed, suddenly swerving the Red Lion right. You didn't have time to react to the sudden motion—so out of instinct, you grabbed onto the nearest thing you could reach. The thing was Keith's hair. "OWWW—" he hissed, taking his hands off the control columns. You managed to pull him out of the pilot's space and into the wall. . .on accident, of course.

"Owwwwie," you whimpered. Gravity made it so the right wall was the floor. You endeavored to get up, but this guy was crushing your spine. He made an attempt to try and stand, but the ship must have hit some rubble outside because now the ceiling was the floor.

"Er—I need—I need to get to the controls!" Keith struggled to say. "And how the heck did you even get in here!?"

"I'll explain later, now get your hand out of my FACE—WAH!"

The ship dragged back without warning. All this action was beginning to give you motion sickness.

"Oh, great. Now your stinkin' earrings are tangled in my hair!" Keith mentioned—his voice muffled against the cold steel floor.

"DON'T SAY THAT ABOUT THEM! THEY WERE A GIFT FROM MY BLACK-HEARTED MOTHER!!"

"Well, that's none of my business apparently—YEET!" Keith fell forward from another sudden tilt—which pulled you back with him. Finally, you just came to the conclusion that you had to make an effort. Settling that, you took Keith by the arm and flung him toward the control panel.

"Just get back into the cockpit!"

He grabbed onto the rest part of the seat and managed to pull himself up. With one tilt of the control sticks—he returned the Red Lion back to its normal force.

He let out a sigh of relief.

"Now. . .HOW THE HECK DID YOU—"

Before he could finish his question, a small muffled voice said, "Keith? Keith? Are you there? Keith?"

Without any vacillation, Keith picked his helmet back up and replied, "Yeah, Shiro. I'm here. Sorry, just some turbulence."

"Phew, we thought you crashed or something," Shiro responded with gladness.

"Yeah! You sounded like a screaming girl for a second!"

Keith groaned. "Shut up, Lance."

"We're returning back to the Castle. I think we cleared out most of the offenders," Shiro noted.

"Okay, though there is something I have to do first." Keith dove the Red Lion down, heading in the opposite direction of the Castle.

"Are we getting a Big Mac?" you asked.

"No, we're returning you back to that rescue ship. I can't have them know a girl sneaked into my ship."

You silently gasped. "Uh, woman!" you crossed your arms and scoffed. "And I am NOT going back to that rescue ship!"