[33] Peril

"How will we escape?" you wondered. Right now, you were sitting on the bench, thinking. He was pacing around the room in deep thought. It scared you to ask that because it may have interrupted his state of concentration.

"I don't know. . ." he replied. "Unless the others come for us—but where would they know to look?"

"Hmm, do you have anything to break us out?"

"They took all my stuff."

"Great," you grumbled. It could be any minute before the Galra did something cataclysmic. You were running out of time. Suddenly, Keith perked up.

"Wait!" He took off his boot and pulled out a small device. "I forgot about this!"

"What an Ex Machina," you gasped. "But what is it?"

"It's a laser knife," he answered, revealing its blade.

"WELL, CUT US OUT OF HERE!" you screeched. "IT'LL BE ANY MINUTE BEFORE THAT WITCH DESTROYS ALL THE THINGS WE KNOW AND LOVE!"

"The only thing I love is—never mind." He just awkwardly turned to the wall and searched for a lock. You were confused by that last bit. What was he going to say. . .

Once Keith found the bolt holding the door back—he started to cut through it. You were shaking with excitement and nervousness.

"HURRY!" you quietly yelled.

"Almost. . .THERE!"

The door flung open—unclasped at last. You mentally cheered, but it wasn't over yet.

"Come on!" he directed. "But stay close—we can't get separated again."

"You don't have to tell me twice," you snickered.

He headed out and you followed. It was tedious avoiding Galra, but he was pretty sneaky. Even though he got caught before, it was different when you were by his side. He seemed more cautious and aware of his surroundings. So, that was a relief.

"HEY!" The sound caused you both to flinch. Turning to see who it was, it was a Galra soldier. Of course. "HALT!"

"(Y/N), follow me!" Keith ran in the opposite direction with you trailing right by his side. He was frantically scanning the area for anymore possible threats. It was a Galra ship, there would be danger lurking in every corner.

"WE COULD REALLY USE THE OTHER PALADINS!" you expressed. Suddenly, you felt yourself lose composure and trip. "GAH!" Hitting the ground, you tried to get up as quick as you could. But it wasn't enough—the Galra was towering over you, leaving a shadow atop your figure.

Just as he aimed his sword in your direction, Keith slid in between you two. And because of his speedy reflexes, he was able to disorient the sword which the Galra wielded—and flip it across the room. Now that you noticed it, his fighting-style was awfully similar to the one of a Galra's. Perhaps that gave him an easier advantage. "BACK, ANIMAL!" he shouted.

After shooting back up, you kept running—with Keith following behind. After some time, you managed to lose the offender. That was a close call. . . But it wasn't over yet—since he was probably contacting for backup.

"Where are the others—oof," you grunted. You looked to see what you had just run into. "Oh, it's only Pidge," you said, quite disappointed.

"What do you mean only Pidge??" she asked in an offended manner.

"Well, we were thinking of someone who could actually fight," Keith described.

"What? Like Lance?" Pidge retorted.