[12] Like, Dislike

Taking a bite out of the sausage you held over the fire, Keith asked how it was.

"So. . .is it good?"

You held it out and stated, "tastes kind of like a Kid Cuisine mixed with depression."

"Wow—"

"Where did you even get this?"

"Found it on the ground somewhere," he answered.

"Oh—well, uh, I'm a bit full anyway." You stood up and held it over the river. "Goodbye, sweet angel." Chucking it, the sausage hit the surface of the water with a plop. Fish that were now dead floated up to the top.

"Whatever, let's just get going." Keith put out the fire and rose up. "We need to get back to the town."

You groaned. "Fineee."

The rain stopped. It was still a bit cloudy though. The trees looked brilliant with their wet green leaves flowing in the wind. The waterdrops slid off and dripped on your figures from time to time. However, it was quite muddy. You tried to stay out of those parts as well as you could.

"I have such a headache," Keith muttered, holding his head. You only rolled your eyes. And in that moment, something from above caught your eye.

"Hey! I found an apple," you pointed out. Keith looked up and grinned. You began climbing the tree, once you got to the right branch, you picked the fruit. "Looks dry though. . ."

"I'm so hungry I don't even care," Keith told you. Hopping down, you gave it to him.

"Even the apple's soul is withering in these conditions."

"Wait. . .an apple tree? Do you think we're getting closer to town?" Keith wondered. You shrugged.

"Hopefully, I can't stand another second being near you."

Keith narrowed his eyes. "You just can't help yourself, can you?"

". . ." No comment. You only kept heading down the path. Your mind was still a bit fuzzy from that bonding moment you and him had earlier. Luckily, it was ruined by that random truck. Though, part of you did wonder what would happen if it just played out normally. . .

Finally, you asked yourself the obvious question here: did you like him?

Stop it, (Y/N)! You're just tired—unable to think clearly, you tried telling yourself. Maybe, you did have a thing for him. . .

But without warning, a hand placed on your shoulder, swiftly pulling you back. "What the—" you couldn't comprehend what was happening.

"(Y/N), WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING—MY GOSH!" Keith shouted. His hands were still on your shoulders.

"Wha? What do you mean?" You turned your head back to see a gigantic spider web plastered between two trees. Your eyes went wide from the visual. In the middle rested a slimy yellow spider that gave you chills.

Keith sighed. "You could have hurt her web, which she spent hours artistically weaving, delicate ivory strands intertwined within each—"

"DIE, SPIDER, DIEEEEE—" You speared the web with your shoe. Keith screamed, trying to pull you back. Suddenly, you slipped on the mire and fell onto Keith, landing on top of him. He hit the dirt with a splat. But that didn't matter because you were perfectly clean and okay. He had to take one for the team at some point.

"I landed on my keys," he stated in a muffled tone.

"Er—" you lifted yourself halfway up with your hands. Looking down at him, you got that weird, soft feeling again. Oh, please just be crippling depression. Please don't be the other thing.

"Uh, (Y/N)?"

"Huh?"

"Are you gonna get o—"

Then someone interrupted him. "OMG, ARE YOU TWO KISSING?" Turning your heads to see who it was, it was Pidge with Hunk.

Keith's eyes went big. "WHA—NO! OF COURSE, NOT." He threw you off beside him.

"Ew, mud."

"Why would you think that!?" Keith asked, choking on his own regret.

Hunk's eyes were starry and Pidge was spazzing out.

"Wait, are we in the town?" you asked, looking over. And there it was, the town entrance. "FINALLY!!" Shooting up, you Naruto ran to the nearest Hot Topic. Sadly, there was none. Only an Olkari fashion store which was basically cosplay stuff from Star Wars.

"I'm getting a shower," Keith mumbled as he slowly walked toward the inn. Pidge and Hunk were still squealing off in the distance.

When it came to be dusk, everyone got cleaned up. Apparently, the Red Lion returned back to its original parking space. You weren't quite sure why it left you two like that—but Shiro theorized that it just automatically went to fight the Galra ships. At least everything is okay for now.

Right now, you were watching the sky from the balcony of the hotel. The sky was a majestic hue of lavenders, azures, and various colors. The stars were just starting to come out. You held your hands and tried to brush off the cold feel. Before you could wrap your arms around yourself, a cover was placed on your shoulders.

You recognized the jacket. "Huh, Keith?" Turning to him, you raised an eyebrow.

"I wanted to talk about earlier," he started with a blunt tone.

"Well, a lot has happened so—" You hopped up and seated yourself on the wide railing. "Take your pick."

"When we both looked at each other and I started to—" He nearly gagged. "Caress your hair. . ."

If he was going to talk about feelings, you were done. You scanned the area below, trying to see if there was a pool you could land in for an escape mechanism. You turned your head back to him so you didn't seem suspicious. "Uh huh. . ."

"And then I said—" He was cringing so hard; he could barely finish his sentence. "It's like I'm really seeing you for the fir—I can't do this. It's too awkward."

"No! It's okay, it's been a weird day. Maybe the humidity of the forest cut off part of the oxygen flow to your brain or something," you reassured.

"Yeah, you're probably right. I'm going to go sharpen some forks now, thanks for the chat." Keith ran off, not even letting you have the time to reply. You only stayed there and tried sorting out your thoughts.

Keith went into his room. He let out a long sigh and sat on the bed. Of course, I don't like her. She's mean, has deep-seated psychological issues, and—

"SOMEONE HAS A CRUSH~" Pidge vocalized from the other room.

Keith erupted with blush. "SHUT UP!" he screamed through the walls. Keith finally just decided to ignore it for now and head to sleep.

What a day.