[13] Jealousy

EEEE I'M SO GLAD THIS IS GETTING READS XD

✦✦✦

Waking up, you realized something.

That you were in love.

Yes. You were in love with this new shampoo you've been using recently. It smelled like chrysanthemums and eternal darkness. What a divine combination. Anyway, you got up and did your morning routine—nothing new. You walked into the kitchen to see what Hunk cooked up for today.

"What are we having?" you asked, still trying to adjust your eyesight from the sleepiness.

"Homemade ice cube soup, made with freshly ran faucet water, and served with hand-scooped ice~" Lance vocalized as he held up a bowl filled with the monstrosity he described. Apparently, the idiot in charge left him to the cooking.

You looked at him uninterested. "Oh, yeah? You know what would go good with that? A hot cup of dirt."

Lance stuck his finger in the air. "AHA! That's what I was missing! Not only are you hot, you're useful."

You walked over to him with a steamy cup of coffee and chucked it in his face. Lance screamed and ran to the washroom. That's when Keith came in.

"Things you see when you don't have another hot cup of coffee," you remarked as you sat down.

"Shut it," he countered. He didn't seem to be in the mood to exchange snarky comebacks today.

"Why so testy?" you asked.

"I'm ready to get off this planet. I want to just. . .cry eyeliner to My Chemical Romance in my bedroom."

"And I wanted a mom who didn't wear bikinis three sizes too small. Did I get that? NO!"

Keith choked on his ice cube soup upon hearing that. Pidge slithered in like a little Gremlin with the smuggest face.

"You two gettin' along~?" she asked with a sing-songy tune.

"Where's Hunk? Who left Lance to make the food?" you asked with no hesitation.

"Oh, he went to check out the ingredients at the stands here," she answered. "I mean, Lance's cooking can't be that bad—"

You and Keith looked at her with a "really?" face. She shrugged before grabbing a power bar instead. After eating quietly for an awkward three minutes, you asked, "so, what are we even gonna do today?"

"Well, I guess they're gonna finish that track-resistant thing for your earrings," Keith answered. "After that, we'll go back on the ship."

Suddenly, something occurred to you. What would happen once you got rid of the earrings? Would you still be able to stay with these guys? Or would you just have to move back to Earth. . . Whatever, that didn't matter. Of course, you didn't need them or anything. . .

"Whatever, I'm heading out." You picked up your spiky black mini bag and opened the door. "Cya, losers." You went in the direction of the town's vendors. Maybe you would find an interesting bargain.

Then there was a voice from behind you. "I bet a cute girl like you would like a sparkly neckl—" Turning to the sales guy with an unnerving expression on your face, he leapt back. Obviously, you weren't the girly type he was aiming for. "I-I mean, a scary woman like you—"

"Are you done yet?" you hissed.

"Please don't hurt me—I have a wife and kids—and—"

"I will pay you to stop talking to me."

"Deal."

You handed him some Monopoly money. He was quick to scurry away. Only rolling your eyes, you continued your stroll. You browsed the different stands, seeing what kind of useless junk they were selling. This one thing did catch your eye though. It was a black pearl necklace. You've always wanted one, but you never expected to receive something that extraordinary. For now, you ignored your wants and continued searching around for something cheaper. Cheap like your mom's perfume.

"What are you doing?" wondered Keith. You jumped from the sudden question.

"Were you stalking me?" you asked him.

"No, Shiro made me follow you."

"Oh, well then." You placed your hands on your hips and looked around. After some time, noon approached. Then the most peculiar thing happened.

You were only checking out the fine forks at one of the utensils stands. They were quite sharp—very sleek. Until your moment of admiration was interrupted by some loser.

"Hello, beautiful~" he flirted. "What's your name?"

One look at his face and you nearly gagged. "What the heck are you—"

"My name is Rolo~" he answered in a "suave" manner. His attempt at trying to sound attractive made him actually sound like a choking hyena.

"Get out of my face you hippie freak."

"You seem like a lovely person!"

Without a thought, you grabbed one of the forks and jabbed it in his arm. He screamed, causing heads to turn toward the scene. Keith was a bit further away, once he looked in your direction—a girl got in his way.

"Nyma?" He was puzzled. Why was she there?

"Hey, there. . .Keith," she greeted once again. "I have a confession. I know we don't know each other too well, but—"

You noticed this odd yellow alien girl talking to Keith. Why? What kind of probing was she trying to perform on his brain? Right before you decided to head over there a give her a piece of your mind, that pathetic dropout rested his arm around your shoulder. You slightly tensed up.

"Baby, wanna go for a ride in my pickup truck down the dirt roads of Alabama?"

"That's on Earth though—and what kind of pickup line is tha—" Before you could finish your sentence, the guy was suddenly thrown off. He rocketed like a UFO off in the distance. Bye, Rolo.

Keith approached you with an annoyed expression on his face. "What the heck!? Why are you flirting with guys? That's really unprofessional of you to be goofing off in—"

You immediately countered, "excuse me but what? Are you delusional? I'm actually insulted that you would think I'd hit on a guy like that. I have standards, jerk! And what about you and that alien chick!?"

"Wh—EW! I would never! She just came up to me and—"

"Sureeeee~" you teased, crossing your arms. Keith scoffed.

Unbeknownst to you and Keith, Hunk and Pidge were watching from the corner. Rolo and Nyma walked up to them.

"Thanks, guys." Hunk payed them their money. "I think they'll get together after this now! They got super jealous." Pidge snickered and high-fived him.

Rolo wiggled his eyebrows. "I'll kiss her for a buck~"

Pidge slapped him, telling him to begone. They listened and left.

You and Keith separated. You headed back to the hotel, trying to figure out what just happened.

Did Keith get jealous? Actually, did I get jealous? Man, I think I am starting to like him. Urgh, this is complicated. I really hope it's not that.

Once you arrived, you ran to the kitchen, opened a cabinet, pulled out a fork and jabbed your hand with it. You wanted to know if it was a dream. Sadly, it wasn't. "OW!" You didn't know Lance was watching once you spun in his direction. He was confused—and a little bit scared. "What? Go back to eating your ice cube soup."

And he did just that.

✦✦✦

Hope you liked <3