[24] Familiar Faces

After the incident, you and Keith were heading towards the arena.

"So, this is where they ride the cows?"

"They're bulls."

"Whatever, let's just find a place to sit." You scoured the bleachers for two empty seats. Keith found some at last. After dodging people, you both sat down. It was a bit close to the fence—but at least there was a good view. "What's coming up first?"

He answered, "Well, I think they have the mutton-busting first."

"What's that?"

"It's where a bunch of little kids ride sheep."

"Hilarious." You then took a sip from your drink.

After the introduction the host was giving to the audience, he sounded an airhorn. It was time for the sheep-riding thing. And it was basically what Keith described. A bunch of rug rats riding sheep. Nothing too eye-catching.

However, that changed. One of the kids in the arena looked awfully familiar. You just couldn't place your finger on who it was. Keith saw that you were spaced out.

"(Y/N)," he called. "What's wrong?"

Snapping back to reality, you responded, "Nothing—it's just, I feel like I recognize one of those kids."

"Maybe you saw him on a poster or advertisement."

"I don't know. . ."

You just shook it off. Maybe all the dust was making you act off. For now, you tried to enjoy the match.

"AND THE WINNER IS. . .ANDY BLAKE!!" the host announced. Everyone around you clapped. Yay.

Keith yawned. Next up was going to be the horse-riding. You saw that they were setting up the area with obstacles, rings, and fences. You glimpsed at Keith and saw his expression of slight boredom. That's when he felt something gently fall on his shoulder. He looked down to see you there, resting your head. At first, he went stiff, but then loosened up.

It was like aromatherapy—but instead of an essential oil, it was a hot guy. Nothing you could ever get at Walmart, that's for sure.

Instead of watching the show, you both just drifted off to sleep.

And before your brain shut off—a flash erupted in your faces. This caused you two to jump.

"WHAT WAS—" Keith squinted his eyes.

And there they were, Pidge and Hunk. She was staring at the picture on her camera which she just took.

"WH—HOW DID YOU TWO GET HERE!?" Keith screeched. The nearby people were staring at him like he was a madman.

"Oh, come on! You two can't hide from us~" Pidge winked with a grin. "Besides, (Y/N) left her phone at the hotel and maybe or maybe I didn't happen to come across her texts—"

"You little—" You gave her a glare.

"BUT WE CAME TO GIVE IT BACK TO YOU!" Pidge pulled your cell out of her pocket and handed it to you. Receiving it, you sneered.

"You know what? This is janked." Keith stood up and started to walk off. Where was he going? So, you followed.

"What are you doing?"

"You'll see." He finally arrived to a closed gate that led into the arena. You were puzzled. That's when you connected the dots.

"Keith, are you crazy!?" you frantically asked—not believing it at first. "YOU CAN'T RIDE THE BULL!"