[26] Questions

You shot up, your heart pounding faster than ever. Why? Because you heard a thunderclap. It was hard to just lay back down and forget about it since you were so startled. That's when you looked down to see the blanket you were snuggled in. You didn't remember it being there before.

"I haven't heard thunder in forever. . ." you whispered to yourself. Suddenly, something latched onto your arm. It was a terrified pigeon—otherwise known as Pidge. "Pidge!? What the heck are you—"

"I-It's loud and—I WANT MY MOM!" she faltered as she screwed her eyes shut. You only rolled your eyes.

"Look, take the couch." You stood up and let her curl up on the sofa. She pulled the hem of the blanket up to her chin, trying to get comfortable. She then asked, "Hey, (Y/N)."

"Huh?"

"How was the date~?" She slyly grinned.

"Seriously? It's like, 2:30 in the morning and you're asking me this?"

"Ye—"

"NO." You ended the discussion by walking out the door. You weren't feeling too sleepy after that, so you just decided to get some fresh air. The room itself almost gave you an asthma attack.

The sky was clouded in darkness, except for the occasional lightning. Though there was a breeze—which felt refreshing.

That's when the peaceful moment was shattered by an unexpected drop. You heard the sound of someone impacting the rotten wood from the porch behind. Turning, you saw a muscular Galra—several feet taller than you. It's sun-like eyes pierced into your soul. You were currently trying to devise an escape plan.

"Well, if it isn't the little pest, we've been searching our butts off for," he said with a smirk.

"How did—"

"No time for small talk. Hand over the earrings." He pointed to them.

"NO," you refused.

"I guess we'll have to do this the hard way then." The Galra pulled up a longsword which made you shiver. However, he was interrupted by an abrupt hit to the head. He fell over, revealing Pidge from behind him with her Bayard in hand.

"Pidge!" you called. Then the others started piling out the door, rushing to your side. Keith protectively placed his arm around your shoulder, holding an odd-looking blade in the air. Now that you notice it, you've never seen him pull that out in the past. It had this strange purple marking on it, like nothing you've ever seen before.

However, your train of thought was broken when Keith asked, "How did they even get here!? I thought they couldn't track us."

"I don't know—was that the only one?" Hunk wondered.

"I don't see—GAH!!!" Lance was tackled in that moment. You turned to see him being clobbered by another Galra. Shiro was there to get it off and help him up. Fear made you shiver, but Keith's reaction comforted you. He tightened his hold around you, and narrowed his eyes—scanning the area.

"It looked like it jumped off the roof," Keith mentioned.

With that being said, everyone backed away from the building and looked above. There were countless bright golden eyes, glaring you specifically—almost like you were a deer and they were the hunters. You knew they weren't playing around this time.

Keith snarled—but you've never heard him sound so. . .bestial before.

One of the heftier Galra decided to jump down. He looked like a general or something. He gracefully held his hands behind his back and started to talk.

"Hand over the girl and we won't give you any more trouble."

"Forget it," Keith answered with no hesitation whatsoever.

"I'm giving you one last chance. You don't want this to end badly," he threatened, putting emphasis on the last word.

Keith held you closer which caused you to stiffen up. You recoiled at the beast in front of you, and huddled your head in Keith's shoulder. All you wanted right now was peace and food. Shiro stood in front of you two, along with the others.

"The only thing that ended badly was your last dentist appointment," Lance retorted.

"So, you wanna do it the hard way, eh? Well then. . ." The Galra signaled his troops—which made more appear. There was at least a dozen of them. They all looked intimidating, which caused you to slightly doubt your own team.

You then looked up at Keith—his teeth were clenched, his eyebrows furrowed, and he had a burning passion of hostility in his eyes. His eyes seemed. . .not like him though. The pupils were sharp like the ones of a feline. Honestly, he started to scare you.

"How many times do I have to say—FORGET IT!?" Keith pushed you behind him and thrusted his blade at the fiend—which surprised them. The Galra barely dodged it—but when he did, Keith lost his composure from the strike. Shiro caught him before he hit the ground, but Keith only refused his support and kept trying to aim at the one in charge.

"KEITH! STOP!" shouted Shiro. He didn't listen though. You watched Keith's useless attempts, but his erratic behavior was really starting to worry you. That's when you remembered the sword you had been given a while back.

Shots were ricocheting everywhere. Your side was trying to take cover behind some cars, but Keith was being a maniac and trying to take down the Galra by himself—with only a kitchen knife. He was being absolutely reckless. You needed to stop him before something horrible happened.

"LEAVE US ALONE!!" Keith yelled in a grating voice. He continued to fight, but that soon stopped.

You sprinted across the small battlefield and held Keith at a parry. Both the edges of the blades were scraping against each other—causing an ear-piercing noise. He was completely shocked to see you confronting him like this. You stared him down with a potent look in your eye.

"Keith, stop."

And you saw the most questionable thing. His eyes looked like the ones of a Galra. And his teeth—they were fangs. There was only one explanation.

Keith was one of them.