[27] Gone

". . .Keith?" you trembled. Your reaction made him revert back to normal. His eyes dilated and his fangs retracted. He let his arm drop, making his weapon point down.

He bowed his head in shame. "Go ahead. I know what I am—a filthy Galra. I should have never believed I had a chance at happiness."

"It's not that. I just. . .why would you keep it from me?" you questioned. He didn't respond.

"DUCK!!" Hunk suddenly warned. Keith grabbed your shoulders and crouched down to the ground, avoiding the danger above. His swift reflexes must have been a Galra thing as well. . .

"Why didn't you tell me!?" you interrogated.

"We don't have time for this," Keith responded as he was searching around for potential danger. You released from his grip and stood up.

"WE HAD TIME WHEN WE WERE ON THE DATE!!" you screeched, pulling up a random fork and sticking it in a nearby Galra.

Lance stopped midbattle. "Wait, you two went on a date?"

"YEAH, A DATE OF LIES!"

Keith kicked off another offender. He then yanked his head toward you. "I WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU AFT—"

"WHEN, KEITH? WHEN? AT THE NEXT FURRY CONVENTION??"

"WHEN THE TIME WAS RIGHT!!" Keith managed to shout back as he was taking down a pair of Galra. "I DIDN'T WANT TO SCARE YOU OFF—"

You launched several forks at the mob, all while arguing with Keith. "I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SCARED!!"

"COME ON, THE GALRA ARE AFTER YOU AND I HAPPEN TO BE ONE—OF COURSE, YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN SCARED!!"

"I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU ARE, KEITH!" You paused, not facing him. "I only care about. . ." Turning in his direction, you finished, "You."

Pidge and Hunk were behind one of the trucks, watching it all go down. Between you and Keith, of course. Lance and Matt, on the other hand, were very jealous.

". . .Why?"

"You're the only person I've known who's ever cared about me."

Keith tried to process these emotions since he was antisocial. Even the Galra were awing, but that stopped when they continued the battle.

"UGH! What will it take to get rid of these skunk-bags?" Lance grumbled. Shiro was offended.

Keith heroically stood in front of you. But you really just wanted to throw forks at the bad guys—however, this was fine too.

Suddenly, these bright purple lights radiated throughout the clouds in the sky. Everyone noticed it. It turned out to be. . .another spaceship. It had a dark Galra-like aesthetic to it. But it wasn't the same design as one of Zarkon's warships.

"Wh—" Shiro was confused. No one was fighting anymore—they were all too focused on the unknown ship.

It landed, and as soon as the doors opened—these men in black suits with hoodies, started attacking all of the Galra. Finally, Zarkon's troop aborted the mission.

Then these strangers faced you and Keith.

"Keith," the one spoke. Were they friends or something? What was happening.

"The Blade of Marmora. . ." you heard Keith whisper to himself. You were more than confused.

"Excuse me—what?" you interjected.

"How did you find us?" Keith wondered.

The figure ripped off his hood to reveal another Galra. You immediately stepped back, but Keith's incautiousness surprised you. They acted like they knew each other.