[10] The Bet

Keith woke up. He did his morning routine and heading into the dining room to get his breakfast.

"Good morning, Team," he greeted as he poured his tea. "How are y—what the—" He was interrupted by opening the fridge only to find Pidge in there, staring him down with a smug face.

"So. . .when are you and (Y/N) gonna kiss~?"

Keith went wide-eyed with a blush. He suddenly slammed the fridge door shut and walked away. Pidge slithered out, however. From the table, Shiro asked, "what did she say?"

Keith only responded, "nothing important. She's just being a little insect again."

Pidge smirked. "I was asking him about the bet."

Keith narrowed his eyes. "What bet?"

"Oh, you know. . .me and a few guys set up a bet—to see when you two would kiss."

Keith spat out his tea. "PFFFT—what the actual—what is you guy's problem? (Y/N) and I LOATHE each other."

"Oh, no, you don't," Hunk declared from across the room. "We've seen the way you two flirt with each other. It's shameless!"

Keith gritted his teeth. "Shut up. Shiro, you're the adult here. Tell them that it's bogus."

Shiro looked up at the corner of the room nervously. "Well. . .I'm part of the bet, honestly."

Keith choked on air. Staring at Shiro in disbelief, he replied, "you have got to be kidding."

"Nope, even I'm in on it!" Keith's dad walked into the room. Once Keith saw him, he choked on his existence.

"DAD, IS THAT YOU? HOW—YOU'RE DEAD!"

"I came back to see this, Son." His dad gnawed on a chicken wing.

"Me too!" Krolia, his mother, walked into the room. "It's so cute to see my son with a girl~"

Keith screeched, "THIS ISN'T LOGICAL—"

Pidge laughed. "Everyone is in on the bet. You see, we bet on the time you two would kiss—instead of a date, you know? I bet around 7:30 pm."

Keith was flabbergasted. He didn't know what to say.

"I bet 50," said Matt. Keith yanked his head toward him.

"But-but, you're lost in spa—"

"Nah, my guy." Matt took a sip of his Kool-Aid. "This is way more fun than being in that furry rebellion." Pidge gave him a hug. Keith died inside even more.

"Okay, this can't be real—"

"It is." Now Zarkon, Haggar, and Lotor were there. Keith screamed.

Pidge continued, "yeah, Haggar put down 100, Zarkon 150, and Lotor 500." Keith was still screaming.

Suddenly, he woke up. Restlessly panting, he held his heart. Keith closed his eyes and sighed. "Thank goodness it was just a dream. . ." He scanned his room one last time before heading back to sleep. But that was interrupted when he suddenly heard a crash outside. "Oh great. . .what now?"

✦✦✦

This was a special thingy for April Fool's Day that I put on Quotev. So ya XD