[30] Loto Loto

Some time had passed. I didn't know what Keith was up to besides a few video calls from the Blade of Marmite. Or Marmosa? Whatever. Even then, Shiro and Allura wouldn't let us talk to each other on the calls because they thought it'd be too "distracting".
All I've really done this week is train. It was official that I was a Paladin now—even though I haven't gone on any real missions yet. In a way it was fun, but I hated it. Scratch that; I loathed it. Why? Because I still couldn't get the stench of Axe out of the inside.
Whatever, I guess I shouldn't complain. But it's one of my hobbies, sooo. . .

After that, you headed downstairs. Surprisingly, no one was there for breakfast. Weird.

"Where is everyone?" you asked yourself.

After searching the nearby rooms, you heard an unknown voice greet, "Hey, baby."

Turning to the sound, you found a glass cage with a prisoner contained within it. It was a dude with purple skin and white L'Oréal locks.

"Keith?" you wondered. Your vision was still blurry from waking up. Perhaps it was his Galra form or something.

"Kei—? NO. It is none other than Prince Lotor~" he vocalized.

"Keith, stress did something to your hair."

"IT'S NOT—Ahem, I mean, I am not this Keith you speak of. My name is Prince Lotor."

You approached him and squinted your eyes to get a better look. "Oh, gosh. You're not Keith. You're much uglier."

"EXCUSE M—I mean, haha. . ." he pretended to laugh. "So~" He leaned his arm against the glass and stared at you with a coquettish smirk. "What's your name?"

Ignoring his question, you went off on your own topic. "So, you're telling me they got rid of Keith but they let you on the ship?"

"WHAT THE QUIZNAK IS A KEITH—Oh wait, that's your name?"

". . .My name is (Y/N)," you answered, rather reluctant. It's been two minutes and you already hated this grape hobo.

"A lovely name for a lovely girl~" he wooed.

"Oh, and what are you supposed to be?" you challenged.

"I'd like to be your boyfriend."

"Okay, I'm bored of this conversation, bye." You left.

"Thanks for the love, Peaches!" he crudely ended.

What a freak. What even was he? An elf or something? That's when Lance walked by. So, you yanked him by the hem of his sleeve and flung him into the janitor's closet.

"WOW, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU FELT THIS WAY ABOUT M—"

"Oh, shut it!" you snapped. "Now, explain why there's a Slim Jim version of Thanos in that fish tank you call a cage."

"You mean Lotor?"

"No, I mean Matt. . . OF COURSE, I MEAN LOTOR."

"Testy," he remarked. "However, to answer your question—the putz wants to ally with us. I think he's against Zarkon—even though he's his son."

"And you trusted him?" you questioned in disbelief.

"Well, Allura did."

"Why?"

"Because he said we could."

Ay-yai-yai. . . You couldn't count the number of braincells you lost when he said that. In a nutshell, Allura trusts Lotor because Lotor himself said that he is trustworthy.

Seems legit.

"Okay, Lance—since you all got together and had a conversation about this guy—why wasn't I involved?"

Lance shrugged. "Allura knew you'd say no anyway, so yeah."

"UGHHHH," you groaned. This group was really taking a nosedive into desperation. Lance described the situation a bit more—but you still didn't trust Lotor. Afterward, you went into your bedroom.

And that's when the unexpected happened.

Your communicator notified. Who would be calling you? Its not like you had any alien friends or anything. Picking it up, the text on the screen read the name. . .

Keith.

Your eyes twinkled with joy yet slight pain. Was this a dream? It had to have been. So, you took the nearest fork and punched it into your hand. No, it wasn't a dream. Ow.

When you realized it was legitimate, you shakily dropped the utensil and flicked the accept button on the call.

"KE—KEITH?? IS THAT REALLY YOU? PLEASE TELL ME IT IS!"

And it was. It was Keith's nostalgic voice. "It is, it's me, (Y/N). Calm down, I shouldn't even be calling you but screw Kolivan's rules."

"Keith, please come back. I miss you so much. A lot has been going on and I can't handle it—everything SUCKS."

"What's the worst thing that's happened so far?" he questioned.

"I had to become a Paladin."

You heard Keith spit out his drink on the other line. He was currently choking and making a ruckus. So much for being discreet. "YOU WAT?"

"YA, AND YOUR LION TRIED TO KILL ME WHEN I SAT IN IT, AND IT MADE MY RAMEN GO STALE!!!!"

"IT WAT?"

"AND NOW THERE'S THIS PURPLE GUY NAMED LOTOR WHO'S SAYING WE CAN TRUST HIM!!!!" You then took a breather before continuing, "AND YOU KNOW WHAT ALLURA DID? SHE TRUSTED HIM!!"

"SHE WAT?"

You had a mental breakdown. Your eyeliner was now running down your face and into the unstained sheets. You've never cried so much before—especially in front of someone.

"I JUST—I FEEL SO ALONE IN THIS GALAXY OF NOTHINGNESS. WHAT AM I FIGHTING FORRRRRR!?!?!?"

"Girl, I—" However, Keith was interrupted midsentence. "Oh, great. I have to attend another one of their stupid meetings. Just listen to some music or something—I'll get back when I can."

You sniffled. "O-Okay."

Keith hung up, leaving you to be the vulnerable mess you were. After cleaning up your face, you decided to go try and find the others. You had a few words to share with Allura. . .

Applying a fresh new stroke of soul-black eyeliner and putting on your dream-crushing boots, you strutted over to the control room. And of course, that's where everyone was—as usual.

You interjected as they were conversing. "HEY!"

They all turned your way.

"(Y/N). . ." Allura nervously stated.

You got up in Allura's face. The others backed away and watched the scene.

"Next time, tell me you're allying with someone from the Galra empire."

"I apologize. . .but you were spending so much time with the Red Lion—and if I brought something like this upon you—it would disrupt your emotional aura. We don't want another accident."

"Whatever, Gandhi." You went over and seated yourself on one of the chairs. Allura was puzzled by that last statement.

Hopefully, this Lotor guy wouldn't be too much of a pain. But part of you still didn't trust him. . .