[11] Clouds of Dismay

You woke up during your peaceful slumber. Why? Well, because Keith was screaming at you with the force of 10,000 hyenas.

"WHAT THE HECK, KEITH?" you shot up, your tangled hair falling in front of your face.

"We're being attacked, we have to go!" Keith clasped onto your wrist and began to run through the halls of the building. You were still dazed from just waking up, so you weren't too sure what was happening.

"Who—Who's attacking?"

"Who do you think!? THE GALRA!"

"Oh, yeah. Them. KEITH, WAIT!!" you screeched in his ear. He stopped and turned to you, frantically searching the area.

"WHAT!?"

You headed over to the fridge, pulled out a leftover hamburger, and placed it in the microwave. You dialed the time for two minutes. Leaning against the counter, you waited. Keith blinked.

"Seriously? I am just offended honestly. YOU THINK WE HAVE TIME TO EAT!?"

"Hey, c'est la vie."

Keith's eye twitched. He then narrowed his eyes and took you by the wrist once again. Running out of the establishment, he searched around the town.

"Where are we even going?" you asked him, growing impatient.

"We have to get back to the Lions!" he explained. Suddenly, a Galra soldier jumped from the corner and nearly threw you down, thankfully you were able to dodge. Keith unsheathed his sword and drew it toward the perpetrator.

"Back, purple gorilla," you said from behind him. Keith almost lost it from your words—however, he remained focused. You suddenly remembered you had a sword too, so you pulled that out. "Come, Keith. We don't have time for this guy."

Keith rolled his eyes and continued to head back to his chosen Lion. You followed behind him, being very cautious of any upcoming offenders.

"I'll have to hold them off until Ryner finishes that serum," Keith explained as he arrived inside the Red Lion. You came inside and leaned against the wall.

"Who knows when that'll be done!" you snapped. "Are we seriously gonna have to defend this puny Ewok town from something that looks like it came out Independence Day?"

Keith groaned. "It'll be over in no time." He readied the engine and took off. You almost fell over from the beginning of the flight but composed yourself.

"Why didn't I just stay inside and wait to get captured by the Galra so they could make me into human soup?"

Keith muttered, "they don't eat people. . ."

"Whatever, this is just such a janked—AHHH!" The Lion accidentally rammed into a tiny warship, causing an ear-splitting scraping noise. You ran over and held onto Keith, screwing your eyes shut.

"What the—"

You noticed the position you were in, cowering behind Keith. But you pulled away and smoothed out your outfit.

"Whatever, as I was saying. . . What was I saying?"

Keith responded, "you were complaining, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. Anyways, WHY DID YOU RAM INTO THAT GUY!?"

Keith smirked. "To see how you'd react. It was funny, wasn't it?"

You snarled. "Jerk, tryna be edgier than me. . ."

"Safety scissors are edgier than you." He snickered.

Crossing your arms, you let out a huff. For some reason, you couldn't think of a comeback at the moment. Weird. Anyways, Keith just continued to blow up more ships—nothing that interesting. Another unexpected sway of the Lion made you fall forward.

"You should probably get a chair," he suggested. You hmphed and sat down with a scowl on your face. And in that moment, the Lion was shot down. It plummeted to the ground and landed in the mud. "Oh, GREAT." He stood up and opened the doors, hopping out of the aircraft. You tried walking around the sludge, but it caused you to slip and land perfectly in Keith's arms.

"Ew—" You rose up and scooted away. He only rolled his eyes. "Where are we?"

"I don't know." Keith pulled out his radio and tried to reach a connection with Shiro—but it failed to do so. "Ugh, no signal!"

"Amazing. Just amazing. We're stuck who knows where with this worthless piece of scrap metal—and NOW we have no way to connect to the others." You sat down on a log before crossing your arms.

Keith responded, "look, I'll go back in the Lion and try to radio them again. It'll most likely work because it has a stronger—" just before he could finish his sentence, the Lion was gone. It flew away. . .on it's own.

"What the heck!?" You stood up and scanned the sky—and there it was, escaping the scene. It just abandoned you two. The Lion flew itself into the sun. . .from what you could tell. It couldn't even stand the gratuitous yapping and it was an inhuman object. "YOU FLYING RUBBISH BIN!" you roared it disappeared in the sun's light. Keith grumbled. You then turned to him.

"That's it. We're making our way back to town—traditionally." His eyes narrowed.

"If we're going to ride on a piano across the street, I'm done."

"No—now, follow me." Keith took off his helmet and started the trek. Feeling very disgruntled, you obeyed his order and trailed behind.

"Why is Murphy's Law happening right now?"

"Hey, it could be worse. At least it's not raining or anything."

It started raining. You placed your hand on your hip and tapped your foot impatiently. Keith muttered under his breath.

"Great, maybe a fire tornado will happen and I can be swept away from it all," you tested.

"Give it a rest," he told you before hopping over a misplaced tree. There were a few minutes of silence after that. Eventually, the worst began to happen. It started thundering. Soft yet shocking rumbles occurred every few minutes. The sky flashed rarely. You shuddered at every one though.

"Ergh. . ." you held your arms. Keith heard this, but he didn't say anything. "This stinks," you murmured. And in that second, an unexpected crackle of thunder went off. It made your heart skip a beat, causing you to rush over to Keith's side. You unknowingly held onto his arm.

"What? Are you scared of the thun—"

"Pfft, NO!" you straight up lied. Though this time, he could see through it.

"You are scared."

". . .Okay, I admit. It may have a little bit of a negative impact on me," you kind of admitted.

Another roar happened off in the distance. You tried concealing your fear. But instead, Keith held you close. This time, you didn't stop him for whatever reason. You tilted your head toward his, gazing into his violet eyes. He only stared back. You attempted to stop yourself, but it was no use. He gently stroked your soaked hair—which was totally uncharacteristic for him.

"It's like I'm really seeing you for the first time," he expressed in a soft tone. You were in absolute bewilderment, unsure of what to say next. This escalated very quickly. So, instead of talking—you started to lean in. He did the same. And right before you two got any closer, a convenient pick-up truck hurtled down the wet road, causing a wave of dirty water to slam against you and Keith.

Now, you were both standing at least five feet away from each other, dripping in mud.

"Let's pretend this never happened," said Keith.

"Agreed." You shook your head.

~~~
4/10/2020 EDIT:

Sorry if some words in some of the chapters of this book are randomly blurred out with "***". My computer glitches a lot and idk why. But if you see any more of them, be sure to comment and tell me. I'm trying to edit this story's grammar and stuff more!