[19] Get in the Slide, Lance

Be sure to vote and stuff, if you like it lol

✦✦✦

A familiar van pulled up—not a white van—the rented one. Shiro rolled down the window, lifting his shades up to see you and Keith.

"Did you two have fun?" The way his tone sounded was like he was picking up his two three-year-olds from preschool.

"Shut it," Keith snapped before getting in the back with you.

"You two look like a wreck," he said, specifically referring to your smudged eyeliner and frizzy hair.

"What did I just say?" Keith quizzed.

Shiro only chuckled. "I'm sure it wasn't that bad!"

Your jaw dropped. "A guy born 20 years before you, Shiro, hit on me."

"Oh. But still—"

The whole time in the car, you remained silent. Until Keith asked, "where did you hosers even stay while we were gone?"

"We went to the spa, ate at a fancy French restaurant, and—"

"Hold the phone, you're telling me while we were both SUFFERING—YOU WERE JUST LIVING IT UP!?" Keith's voice rose.

"It sounds bad when you put it to words."

You and Keith only grumbled. Shiro promised to make it you to you both though. What did he mean by that? After driving for some time, the car approached a park with large colorful constructs built within it.

"What is this chiz?" Keith asked.

"A waterpark! We've been planning to go here all day!" Shiro beamed. You and Keith were unimpressed.

"This triggers bad childhood memories," you told him.

"Nonsense, let's just try it out. You don't really wanna sit in the car all day listening to those emo bands, do you?"

You and Keith thought about it. Shiro huffed and pulled you both out, walking to the waterpark at a rapid speed. Great. When you got registered to get in, you met up with the others.

"Keith, (Y/N)~" Pidge began. "How was your day together?" Her very existence was smug.

"I'd put it in my list of top ten worst evenings," you replied.

Keith finally just pulled Pidge aside, whispering to her, "What the heck is wrong with you!? Why are you always trying to get me and (Y/N) alone together??"

"Isn't it obvious?" Pidge smirked. "You two are destined for each other! And I know you have a crush on her."

A blush appeared on his face. "WH—I don—"

"It's so blatant," Pidge responded. "The only thing is you keep denying it."

". . ." For once, Keith had no comment. Pidge knew her theory was proven once again. Keith let go of her and crossed his arms, coming back.

"What was that all about?" Lance inquired.

"Shut up, Lance," he barked.

You stood there, unsure of what to do next. Finally, you let out a sigh. "I guess it'll be refreshing." You headed to the van and pulled out your clothing bag. After changing into your soul-black bathing suit, you exited the restroom. And of course, Lance had to comment.

"Wow, you're hotter than the Texas sun!" He acted all proud like it was his best pickup-line—which it probably was, sadly.

"Oh, really? You want to be THROWN INTO IT?" Keith growled, getting extremely defensive. Pidge and Hunk were just squealing over the overt jealousy he was expressing. It shocked you a bit honestly.

"Children, don't fight." Shiro patted both of their shoulders. "Can we just let today be fun and not dramatic?"

"Fine with me!" Lance grinned. Keith clenched his teeth in vexation. It was a while before anyone actually went on the rides—Shiro had to scan the maps to see where everything was.

But when that time did come, you all voted on it. Lance chose ice-cream over everything else, Pidge the torpedo water slide, Hunk and Shiro the lazy river, and then it boiled down to you and Keith.

"I just want to go somewhere I can pretend I'm being captured by Galra and they're using me to make human soup," you told them.

". . .I'm sure you'd taste lovely?" Hunk responded. Lance shuddered.

You looked down at your beverage before finishing, "yeah, I doubt it."

Keith finally decided. "Hey, you know those speaking tubes at playgrounds? Where you can like, talk to other kids from a distance."

"Oh no." Shiro placed his face in his hand, knowing what was coming up next.

"Yeah, what about them?"

"Well, sometimes I like to get on the other line and say in the scariest voice ever: I know where you live."

"Wow! I thought I was the only one," you commented. After enthusing about scaring children, Hunk questioned,

"Man, why are you both so disturbed?"

"Do we really want to know?" Lance reminded.

Anyway, it was now time to go on some rides! Pidge kept bugging about how she really wanted to try out the torpedo water slide and since she was the youngest—it was only fair her idea was used first. After giving in, the group stood in the queue for their next turn. It didn't seem too scary. . .from afar.

"Are you scared, Lance?" you asked jokingly.

"N-NO! It's just—look, if I'm not scared of you, I'm not scared of anything."

You stared at him with a menacing expression. He squeaked, immediately taking back what he said. "Well, Fearless, why don't you go first?"

"Huh—OH, uhm, no—Pidge was really looking forward to it and I—"

"Nah, she could wait a turn. Go on ahead!"

"Get in the slide, Lance." Keith's voice sounded like Batman's or something.

"No, you—"

"Get. In. The. Slide. Lance."

"No, I won't be bullied into—" Before Lance could finish his sentence, Keith pushed him in the slide—quickly pressing the button to rocket him down. "O-M-GEEEEEEEE." His voice faded as he disappeared.

"Okay, who's next?" Shiro asked.

"LADIES FIRST," Hunk choked.

"Alright!" Pidge hopped in the tube, flashing a quick thumbs up before getting shot down. "WHEEEEE!"

"Wow, this is fun. Can I just stay here the whole time doing this to people?" you wondered. "Their face when they get dropped down is priceless."

"Just get in already." Shiro grew impatient. Keith went headfirst which was obviously against the rules. . .and dangerous. Shiro screamed as Keith slid down. His actions made you do the same thing, the last thing you heard as you emerged into the darkness of the tunnel was Shiro screaming for you to stop.

However, you came out safely. Once you came back into the light, you found Lance in a state of shock. Pidge whooped, "THAT WAS AWESOME!!"

"Yeah, what should we do next?" Keith asked.

"Hmm. . .I don't know. I guess the other rides everyone else suggested," she answered.

After that, you all took an eating break. Today was really chaotic. Hopefully, the pace would slow down tomorrow.