[29] Abort Mission

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

~~~

You were looking at your sword, examining the embroidery and edges. You then sighed.

Why me? Just. . .why?

The doors opened. You put your blade down and faced in that direction. In came Shiro. What did he want?

"Hey, (Y/N)." He sat down beside you and held his hands together. It was probably another one of his infamous "pep talks".

"Hey. . ." you reluctantly answered.

"Look, I know it's tough—but you can do it. Everyone else did."

"Well, I'm not everyone else," you reminded.

"I know, but you are able to do it. We'll help you. We've been doing this for a while now and we didn't really have much help before," he encouraged. Okay, maybe that helped a bit—but still.

"Thanks, Shiro—I guess," you told him. He patted your head with his robotic hand—who knows where that thing has been.

However, he continued, "And of course, if I die, you'll be the Paladin of the Black Lion."

"WHAT THE HEC—"

You woke up from your nap, your heart pounding once again. Why was your mind being such a train wreck?

"This is janked," you whispered to yourself. After brushing your hair and getting a microwaved cup of ramen, you walked down the hallway that had all the Paladin's bedrooms. As you were minding your own business, Lance approached you. "What now?"

"Hey, (Y/N)~" he flashed you a wink. Eugh.

"What do you want—"

"I know you like Keith and all, but what does he have? I mean, can he even samba?"

"What the actual heck are you implying?"

Lance started to swivel his hips and body around like Jell-O. You almost lost your appetite.

"This is samba. How do you feel now?"

"You know what?" You stirred the chopsticks around in your cup. "This ramen is my boyfriend. I'll see you and your samba in my nightmares, Lance. Bye." You left him. He crossed his arms and pouted.

After that weirdness, you headed into the hangar to check up on your new Lion. Even though you wanted nothing to do with the whole thing, you felt the need to examine it a bit. You opened the door and looked around the interior. It made you feel melancholy since every detail reminded you of Keith.

And in that moment, the lights flashed on. The control panel lit. There was this unusual. . .urge for you to sit in the pilot's chair. Like it was calling for you. Slowly stepping forward, you did just that. You've never sat in one of the Lions before—it was your very first time. The view out the window was of the bland hangar, but that soon changed.

The hanger's opening began to lift up—revealing the vastness of space. Now it was starting to get freaky, you didn't even start the Lion up. It's like this was just happening on its own. You felt the strap from the seat fasten over you.

"What the??" you exclaimed in a shaky voice. "Uh—"

The Lion lifted itself up, hovering toward the exit.

"UH—SHIRO? GUYSSSS—AAAAAAAA!"

You felt the pull as the Lion rocketed out the Castle—it was now out in the middle of nowhere, dodging rocks, debris, and such. Your heart was beating faster than ever—you began to fear for your life. Was this thing trying to kill you or something!?