Chapter 24 Unrounded Pearl

Editor: drowningAbbys

The second class in the afternoon was an elective course. Nearly half of the students in the class had to pack things to go to the opposite science museum. The courses chosen by Chu Jia are carried out in this classroom, so there is no need to bother.

Ye Zhechen’s elective course is the same as Chu Jia but perhaps to avoid the eyes of the beta, he walked out with a black face. Chu Jia was called by the teacher because of the messy test papers. He was cornered for five or six minutes. There is not much time left for the next class after he was done.

Looking at the wall clock and looking at the empty seats, Chu Jia did not return to his position.

With less than thirty seconds to go to class, he blocked Ye Zhechen at the toilet's door.

The students who rushed to their classrooms are already gone a long time ago, and the toilet was quiet. The deodorant metal bottles and the report wooden boxes added due ti special circumstances became the most ironic background behind them.

Ye Zhechen stopped and looked at Chu Jia with a red face, as if he was holding his temper to give him one last chance to explain.

Unfortunately, Chu Jia still didn't speak.

From the beginning, he was simply worried about being discriminated by the alpha, and then he began to think more... Ye Zhechen’s absence at his table during lunch ans skipping classes fully demonstrated the fickleness of his personalit. He must not let Ye Zhechen ruin himself because of him.

Chu Jia is an uneasy, timid, and just entering adulthood beta, the only and most correct decision that he can think of is this.

If your childish love is an unrounded pearl in my hand, then I am willing to return it with both hands, in exchange for the peace and freedom you had before meeting me.

Silence.

Silence, which is quieter than death, spread in the small space.

The Chu Jia's silence made Ye Zhechen's heart a little bit colder.

Cancelled Christmas Eve dinner, cancel the reserved room, cancel all the plans for Christmas Eve; rolled a storm in his heart, tore all the things decorated with red leaves, candles, evergreen garlands and throw them in the darkest corner.

This is what he thinks is the most correct way to deal with it..

Tired of this beta's cowering, being afraid of this and that. Unable to understand his fears, let alone realize his fears.

As an alpha, possession is truth. The cut branches will still germinate, and the wounds will still heal, but if you do things in fear, you will get nothing.

Ye Zhechen thought so and did so. But now he got only silence, longer silence...

As if he could not bear the silent torment, he sneered, and turned away without looking back.

The bell for class finally came to nothing, and while standing quietly, the beta sniffed and raised his head hurriedly. Due to the action, a tear fell from his red eyes.

But there is only this one. After that, his feelings and his sorrow seem to have been sucked into some invisible black hole and drained alive.

Going home that day, Chu Jia did not use deodorant for the first time before returning home. After dinner, the police station called and talked to his father for a few minutes. After the call was over, his father recounted the most important content.

"They said the caller had been arrested, just a little punk."

In fact, in the past few days, Chu Jia never encountered any trouble. Even those three alphas disappeared without a trace, and he's afraid it was Jun Ran who "took care of" them again.

More powerful than "love" is "power", whether it's his father's grandeur, this is the truth that's being conveyed to Chu Jia. Above or underground, only "power" is the most "interesting" thing, and the only wing that can help individuals overstep the population barrier.

Around 7 o'clock in the evening, it started to rain outside. Winter rain is often heavy, like a glass bead hitting the canopy outside the window. Chu Jia took off the headphones that plays music in a loop, and concentrated on the sound of nature.

Perhaps it was for another hour or more, the rain gradually stopped, and the door of the room was gently pushed open. His mother came in with milk and cookies.

"It’s snowing outside." She put down her snack and pointed out the window. "It should be the last snow of the year."

Chu Jia put down the papers at hand and looked out on the back of the chair. It was hard to see the snow in the dark, but there were indeed things under the street lights in the distance.

White Christmas, for lovers, it will be extraordinarily romantic.

"Xiao Jia, won't you really go to the college event with us on that night?" his mother whispered.

"I don't want to go. When Dad's colleagues greets me, it feels weird." Chu Jia honestly said his plan: "I'll stay home and watch TV."

His mother did not refute his words. After being quiet for a few seconds, she asked casually: "Would you really just watch TV? Or are you going out with your friend?"

!

The ballpoint pen that Chu Jia was playing in his hand fell on the table and his eyes widened to observe his mother's reaction.

There were only gentleness and no blame.

"Your photo in the square that day was seen and sent to me by a neighbor's mother. I ask her not to tell your dad, so he still doesn't know."

His mother did not intend to scare Chu Jia, so she said what she knew in one breath: "The pheromone smell before, is it that alpha? It looks like he has talent."

After hesitating for a few seconds, Chu Jia took a swig of milk. The warm liquid slipped down the throat, and when the warmth spread in the body, he seemed to have recovered his courage.

"I broke up with him," he tried to smile. "It should be a break up."

"Did he propose it first?" His mother showed a regretful expression.

"No, it's me. How do I say... Actually, there was a mistake." Chu Jia is totally unaccustomed  to talking about his emotional journey with his mother. His face turned red even his neck. "You know, young people, always... ..."

"Do you think I'm used to watching my eldest son talk to me about this?" His mother put on an intentionally "embarrased" expression. "Not too much, otherwise I won't be this be nervous and always think that things will go wrong. However, if something really goes wrong, it is my responsibility to take care of your father."

Mom, you really are always the best.

Chu Jia sighed in his heart and asked with a red face. "Don't you have objections for me and the alpha?"

His mother touched his hair and smiled.

"You are the only baby of your mother. Who do you like and who you are willing to associate with, how can your mother interfere? In fact, your father is also like this but because our population and alpha interactions are often harmful, there is no benefit. Now I think you should have experienced it yourself."

"Well..." Chu Jia nodded and suddenly felt that the things he experienced in the afternoon were not as bitter as he expected.

"In fact, there was an omega who confessed to me a few days ago. His family is opening a jewelry store and wants to send me jewelry but I refused. Can I be with an omega?"

"My son looks pretty good, but it's best not to choose an omega. Don't look at them now being sweet with you. When you want to have children and can't have them, you will taste bitterness."

"... Isn't that only with betas?"

"Isn't a great beta like mom good?"

"Mom, just spare me..."

The snowflake fell silently on the roof during the winter night. It seemed to want to wrap this short warmth with a hard and cold shell, so that this transient light would be remembered in the long life path of Chu Jia.

The author has something to say:

The words in the text are the perceptions of the corresponding characters in a particular context and environment. It does not mean that the author thinks this sentence is right. Those that they once believed in, may hit them in the future.