thirteen

━━━━━

━━━━━

Johnny's POV

I was just hanging my arms on Kenzie's neck. Looking at the rare New York view as I smiled with no reason.

"Hey!" I heard an unfamiliar voice. It's definitely a boy about my age. I looked behind and saw a brown haired boy, wearing a black hoodie and jeans. I looked over at Kenzie and saw her smiling.

"Woah! Hey Brandon! Long time no see!" Kenzie said with a huge smile as she removed my hand from her shoulders and stood up to hug that boy.

A huge wave if jealousy attacked me. I'm just here, sitting on the bench watching them hug and talk. A single tear dropping from my eyes, which followed by a lot more. I quickly looked away so the happy two can't saw my face.

I ran away. As far as my feet can carry me. I ended up falling at a corner of a park. No one's here. Perfect for me at this moment.

I started crying harder. My forehead met my knees. I wiped my tears away. But a tons more kept dropping.

"Hey..." My dad came out from nowhere and sat beside me on the ground. He patted my shoulder and cracked a small smile.

"Young love drama, huh?" He chuckled, took a deep breath and stared at the blue sky. "I feel you."

I kept silent. Just nodded and wiped my tears away. I rested my head on my dad's shoulder. I sighed, trying to hold my tears to stay inside.

"Why does it feels like this?" I said, trying to breath easily. My dad wrapped his arms around me, patting my back.

"It called love." He began. "The kind of love that teenagers will never understand. You'll understand after all the obstacles you have go through. You think I've never go though things like this? Then you're wrong. Just talk to me if you need an advice." He winked and walked away.

My brain immediately popping out a lot of memories of me with Kenzie. Our fights, our friendship, our love hate relationship, and a lot more that made my cry more, more, and more.

Stupid brain.

I shook my head and blink my eyes. To face the real life that happened. Not the real life I wanted.

I just wanna go back to last summer. The time where me and Kenzie is still enemies kind of thing. I'll fix my life at that point.

I sighed and stood up. Went outside the park and straight to the bench where me and Kenzie was earlier. But just a halfway to the bench, I realized Kenzie and that Brandon boy still there. Telling jokes and talk.

"Can I be him?" I whispered to myself, knowing a bunch of people could hear me if I said that out loud.

"Kenzie! Johnny! We need you to put make up, clothes, and stuff." Nayip shouted from across me.