twenty five

━━━━━

━━━━━

Mackenzie's pov

johnny
heyyy

kenzie
um hii

johnny
u finished ur homework or nah??

kenzie
nope just three questions to go
siGh

johnny
lmao okay

kenzie
thanksss
seen

johnny
bye..?

kenzie
sure bye ttyl.. ig??

johnny
yep ttyl
seen

I rolled my eyes for the tenth time today. If you think that i'm weird cause i don't like getting a text from my long time best friend slash enemy, then you're wrong.

It's just that it hasn't been the same. Sure we already be friends and all, but, nothing will be the same.

The fact is, at school, we don't even talk about anything interesting like how we used to. We just say hello to each other and smiled. Outside of school, we don't hangout anymore. We just text. And if you asked, all the text was just like that one, we talked about homeworks only, then say bye, still, none of us went offline.

It's just so sad that we both don't have enough courage.

When i just turned my phone off and put it on the nightstand, a beeping sound came out from it. I picked it up immediately and accepted the call, not even bothering to check who was calling me.

"Hello?" a familiar husky voice blasted into my ears.

"Uh, hi!" I replied, trying to sound friendly.

"Hey Kenzo! Mr. Barnes wants us to choose kids today at six p.m. cause we don't get to choose this morning since i ditched his class." He said. Oh, it's johnny. "Wait! Don't tell him!"

I chuckled and smiled, imagining that i'm talking face to face to him. "Yeah, anything for you." I said, sarcastically. He laughed and i joined in.

"A-and.." He stuttered.

"What?"

"I.. i thought that'd be nice if we can hangout after our little trip to the orphanage." He said. I noticed the nervousness in his voice and i laughed it out, knowing that that time, he probably having his infamous rosacea.

"Sure," I said. "See you later!"

"Bye, see you!" He replied right before the long beeping sound was hearable, signaling the call has ended.