twenty six

━━━━━

━━━━━

Mackenzie's pov

The scent of childhood was bursting inside me body when i took one step entering the orphanage. A bright smile appeared in my face as i saw kids running around and babies playing with some toys. I squealed in awe when i noticed a girl running towards Johnny a hugged him.

Johnny laughed in a nearly perfection voice he has. He bent down a little and picked up the girl and carried her with both of his arms.

"Hey!" She said happily.

"Hey baby, what's your name?" He asked in a baby voice, which seemed cute for me.

"I'm kate. I'm four years old." She said and looked at me. She widened her eyes and screamed a loud 'hi' to me.

"Hey kate!" I said, rubbing her rosy cheeks. She hugged my neck and kissed my cheek.

"What's your name?" She said, looking at me, and then Johnny.

"I'm Johnny, and this is Mackenzie." Johnny said, i glared at him slightly, basing on the fact that i don't like him calling me that.

"You can call her Kenzie." He chuckled and i smiled to the little girl.

"No, i wanna call her mommy!" She said, jumping off of Johnny's arm and jumped up and down on front of me.

"So John's a daddy." I said, laughing.

"Yeah, i sure am." He winked at me and walked closer towards me. And just then, i felt a pair of arm hugged me from behind. It sent shiver down my spine and made me smile instantly.

"Are you two dating?" Kate asked. Her innocent smile appeared on her face, waiting for answer from me and John.

"Um, no, we're just a.." A stopped, searching for a word to describe us. Without me knowing, these three words came out from my mouth "..really good friends."

I looked over at Johnny and saw him with his head down, eyes sticking to the floor. "I.. i mean, we're best friends." I said, expecting him to cheer up. Well, it didn't work.

Kate looked at both of us confused. "Um, we're dating?" I said, more like a question. "Yes, we're dating." I said, reassuring Kate and myself. "Yep, definitely." I said, once again.

I looked over at Johnny again. This time, he had his head up, looking at me with his sparkly eyes. He had rosy cheek, which he would deny if i say he's blushing, and saying he have rosacea instead.

"Aww, so cute!" Kate cheered, breaking the moment. Love her for that! She hopped off and went to her friends.

I cracked up laughing and so does Johnny. And at the end of our laughs, i found ourselves standing very close to each other with our foreheads touching. We both got lost in each other's eyes and our hands intertwined. Without taking any seconds, our lips brushed against each other.