Aizawa

The world is a mess.

It all began with quirks, special traits that people developed at a young age. At first, the quirks were few and far between, but slowly they began to grow in numbers until most of the world possessed some uncanny ability.

Then, there was a man. He had a real name once but now is only known by his title; All for One. He took over the world with his quirk. He gifted foolish, quirkless followers with quirks and stole quirks from the good. He built an empire in which he decided which people should or should not have quirks. 

He called his loyal soldiers 'heroes' and sent them out to keep order in his world. Anyone who stood against him was deemed a 'villain'. These "villains" would have their quirks taken from them and would then be killed in front of an audience by his monstrosities known as nomus as a spectacle for the masses, and a warning for their comrades. Despite the dangers, thousands of both quirkless and those with quirks dared to stand up against All for One. The most dangerous of them was All for One's younger brother, another man whose name was lost to time. He was forcibly given a quirk from All for One, and after it manifested in him, he formed a resistance against All for One and his regime.

After many years of conflict, All for One caught his younger brother and slaughtered him mercilessly. All, however, was not lost for he did not know that his younger brother's quirk, called One for All, was able to be passed on to a successor and that it already had been. That successor rose up to stand against All for One just as his master did, revitalizing the rebellion and inspiring hope.

And so, the vicious cycle began, every so often the rebellion would gain ground only for their leader to be slaughtered. There would be a few years of despair until the next successor rose to power giving the people hope.

Now, the rebellion is a force to be reckoned with, strong individuals happily save people from All for One's power and recruit them. Children are snatched from All for One's grasp and raised by the rebellion led by the strongest opponents All for One has ever faced; All Might, a symbol of hope to the world.

'Villains' like All Might and Endeavor are seen as secret heroes who stand for hope while lesser 'villains' help in what ways they can.

Now, this story is about one of those lesser heroes. About a hero that goes from nothing in the eyes of the world to everything in the eyes of the saviors of the world.

***

"Where are they," the kid whimpered. He clung to the tall man's black shirt and sobbed.

"They're doing their best," the man holding him responded.

The man holding the child was Shota Aizawa, a villain known as Eraserhead, and a legend throughout the world - some even doubted he existed. He was a ghost; he had never been caught, he was hardly ever seen, but he existed.

"I want my mama," the child wailed.

Aizawa glanced back through the thick trees and made out a dark shadow in the night... they were being followed.

"I know, but right now, I need you to be quiet," Aizawa said with surprising softness.

"I want my papa... I want my mama," the child continued to wail. 

There was an explosion off to their right... All for One's servants must have caught up with the kid's parents. Aizawa wondered how long the two would be able to hold up... it wouldn't be long enough which meant that he had to deal with their Tail as quickly as possible. He stopped suddenly and put the child he had been carrying down. The child was a young boy, barely five... and he was soon to be an orphan. His name Yosetsu Awase, his quirk; weld. He was rebellious, loud-mouthed... and his quirk alone wouldn't be enough to save him from his personality. Aizawa knew that if All for One ever got his hands on the child, the rebellious kid would die. That's why he was running through the woods holding a child, that's why he had fought five of All for One's goons without hesitation, that's why he wouldn't just leave the kid.

He turned swiftly and readied his scarf.

The "hero" didn't stand a chance. The hero readied his quirk but found that it wouldn't come. He looked down at his hands in shock just as Aizawa's scarf wrapped around him. He fell to the ground and looked up just as the "villain's" foot came down on his face.

***

Yosetsu was weeping as Aizawa handed him off to his new caretakers, the couple were two quirkless people who had plenty of connections, hence Yosetsu was to be entrusted to them. The woman took him and immediately cooed and held him promising him that it would all be alright.

Her spouse looked to Aizawa and asked the question that every caretaker always asked.

"His parents?"

Aizawa answered as he always did, with a shake of his head and a look of indifference. He knew they were dead... they were probably mutilated laying in the forest that Aizawa had fled from.

"There's nothing you could have done," the woman soothing Yotetsu reassured the "villain".

Aizawa didn't respond, he gave one last look to Yosetsu before turning to walk away.

"Take care of him," he said monotonously.

The woman smiled and nodded and Aizawa knew Yosetsu would be safe for now. 

To strangers, the dark-clad man seemed cold and calloused but he was simply good at hiding his emotions. He left thinking of Yosetsu... the child who would grow up only to fight the same battle his parents had fought and most likely die the same way.

Still, it was better then what the other side offered.

***A few months later***

"That's crazy, dude!" Hizashi Yamada cried over the phone. His hero name was Present Mic and he ran the secret radio station that broadcasted all over the world riling up rebellion and inspiring hope... or making all of his listeners deaf.

"Stop yelling," Aizawa sighed as he pulled the phone away from his ear. He continued to listen to his friend rave as he took off his boots and shook out the dirt that had been caught in them.

"But seriously, that means that All for One's really after you now! You're like in super in danger!" Yamada cried.

"It was only a little girl," Aizawa sighed again throwing himself onto his couch.

"A little girl that was being escorted by one of his best men! Do you know how much you're on the news? Every hero wants you dead, they'll hunt you down now dude! My listeners are going crazy with the news! You're like a brand new top rank villain!"

"Don't call me that."

"Alright, to All for One you're a real top villain, but to the listeners, you're a top-notch hero, almost like All Might except you ain't so flashy."

"All Might can afford to be flashy, I can't."

"Yeah, yeah, but dude it's still crazy impressive!"

There was another call coming in for Aizawa. Only important people called Aizawa. Well, important people and Mic.

"Mic, I have to let you go," Aizawa said. He hung up as his friend began to protest and took the next call.

"Hello Shota," the familiar voice of Nezu, the leader of the rebellion, greeted and Aizawa straightened up.

"Sir," he greeted.

"I have another mission for you. The safe house has been picked and the parents have the location. This one will be extremely tricky and I expect that you may run into trouble."

"Isn't that why you send me... because there is trouble?"

"Yes Shota, yes it is."