This Story

They ran down the flights of stairs, fighting heroes as they went. 

At one hallway, the group met up with a familiar face; Dabi. The cremation lord looked over the collection of battered kids his eyes settling on Shoto Todoroki. The dual-haired boy looked to be on his last leg but there was a fight in his eyes. 

There was something familiar about the sight of a battered boy willing to fight against all odds... something that reminded Dabi of his own reflection.

Slowly, Dabi stepped out of the way and gestured for the kids to continue.

"What?" Izuku wondered.

"Go," Dabi shrugged nonchalantly. 

"I don't - "Izuku continued.

"Let's MOVE IT SHITTY NERD!" Katsuki demanded running forward. The group followed, throwing Dabi confused glances. Katsuki sure as hell didn't know what was going on but he wasn't going stop and ask questions when they had the literal  king of the world on their tail.

With pure desperation, anger, and adrenaline, they somehow made it to the bottom level where they reunited with Mahirao and Fumikage.

"Let's GO!" Izuku yelled racing for the door. The group burst through it miraculously, and were momentarily blinded by the sun.

They took off down the street where they met a blockade of heroes and police.

"STOP WHERE YOU ARE! PUT YOUR HANDS UP AND DEACTIVATE YOUR QUIRKS!" an officer yelled through a megaphone.

The kids all looked to each other.

"Izu... You got a plan, right?" Hito asked in a low voice.

"SURRENDER AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT!" the officer ordered.

"Izu..." Hito pressed nervously.

In response, Izuku only smiled.

"SURRENDER!?" Izuku shot back. "FUNNY! I WAS ABOUT TO ASK YOU THE SAME THING!!"

The heroes and police all looked confused until there was another voice.

"NOW MY FURRY AND FEATHERED FRIENDS!" Koji yelled from atop a building. At his words, thousands of rats and birds attacked the blockade. Bugs joined the fray too, pecking, biting, nipping at the group.

The kids surged forward and easily fought their way through the blockade before making a clear bolt for the edge of the city.

Katsuki looked behind the group and realized that they were being pursued... not only that, but someone familiar was standing on the edge of the building they had just raided; All for One

"WE'VE GOT TO GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!" Katsuki ordered.

It was too late.

All for One flicked a finger and sent a shock wave that made the floor beneath the kids erupt, sending them flying forward. The heroes who pursued them were gaining.

"WHAT DO WE DO?" Hanta yelled, rolling onto his back and looking in horror at the approaching foes.

Izuku was looking wide-eyed at the distant man on the ledge.

"It's quite foolish to resist!" All for One's voice rang out calmly and clearly throughout the entire city. 

All of the kids shuddered at the sound of his voice. The heroes came to a dead stop at the sound as well.

"What do you hope to accomplish, young villains? You'll save your teacher and then what? Continue to dodge my attacks and run for the rest of your lives? Such a miserable existence. I should think myself merciful to end it now," All for One soothed.