Chapter 3

+

+

+

James silently walked to his new apartment. His feet barely rising from the ground. He was exhausted. Not just physically but also mentally. He met a few fans and took some pictures with them. He was so glad that there were so many people supporting him. He just wished that Cristiano would at least like him. Even if it was just 3%. But Cristiano just didn't seem to like the Colombian and James still doesn't understand why.

"I'm home!" He yelled as he entered his house

Even though there was no one there. James lived alone and he liked it like that. Relationships are very difficult when it comes to dating someone like him. He simply doesn't have time for that. He was about to head to the kitchen when he heard soft knocks on the door. As he opened it, Marcelo's happy figure appeared.

"James!"

"Marcelo!"

"Dude.. We were supposed to go out. But you left man,"

"Oh I'm sorry. I was too exhausted," James said as they walked to the kitchen

"You okay man? Still stressing over Cristiano, huh? Why do you care so much?"

"No.. It's not that I care.. Well I do.. He's my teammate. I want to know why he doesn't like me." James said biting his lip

"Listen, Cristiano is a very difficult guy. He has a lot on his plate right now. Trust me, he just needs to get used to you.. You two will be best friends in no time," Marcelo assured him

"You think?"

"I know so.. He just needs to get used to sharing the spotlight with you,"

"Messi! We're leaving.. Do you wanna come?" Piqué asked

"No.. You guys go ahead,"

The rest nodded. It was very typical of Messi to do. He'd stay and practice alone while the others went out to eat and just do fun things together. The only person that always takes words out of Messi is aguero. For some reason Messi just found great happiness with that man. And once neymar found out about it he promised himself that he'd make Messi talk.

"Do you wanna practice with me?" Neymar asked

"Okay," Messi said

That was the problem. Messi was never rude to anyone. He spoke very little but still tried to please everyone with his words. He isn't one to gossip or have a long deep conversation with anyone. And neymar was going crazy. He wanted to know everything about Messi.

"When's your birthday?" He asked

"June 24,"

"Cool.. "

It got quiet again. Messi looked up to see his teammate. He bit his lip. He wasn't sure of what he wanted to say but he did know that he wanted to get to know neymar better. They needed to know and learn about each other if they were planning of becoming a threat to everyone else.

"When's yours?" He asked

"February 5," neymar smiled

"Are you seeing anyone?" Messi asked

"No.. Are you?"

"Nah.. I can't be bothered with love," Messi sighed

"Why not? Love makes everything worth it,"

"My love is this." Messi said as he kicked the ball up and then caught it on his foot once again

"The ball doesn't give you the warmth of a human,"

"That's why I have a blanket," Messi said

"You shouldn't be alone,"

"I'm not."

"Why don't you give love a chance?" Neymar asked

Messi glared at him and neymar knew then that he had crossed the line. He expected Messi to walk off or just ignore him. But Messi walked closer to him. Neymar walked back a little.

"Why? What has love done for you huh?"

"It led me to you,"

"Me? I am not your love,"

"Yes you are." Neymar came closer

It was Messi's turn to back up. His eyes searched for neymar's lie and what scared him the most is that he found nothing. Nothing but pure love and affection.

"No. You can't. It's wrong and it will never be forgiven," Messi shook his head

"But.. Messi.. I.. I can't help it!"

"It's not right,"

"You love me too right? Right? Because if you didn't you wouldn't care as much. You're not resisting me. You love me," neymar said as he grabbed his hands

Messi's eyes widened and he searched for a way out. He froze in his place. He didn't know what to do. He jerked his hands away and backed up a little scared.

"No. I'm sorry... I don't feel the same way," he ran off

"Messi!!!"

Neymar bit his lip, trying to prevent his tears from falling. He was exhausted and just wanted to drown.

"Harsh.."

Neymar turned around and his eyes widened as he saw the face of the man who had just spoken. He smirked as he saw the Brazilian's reaction. Neymar immediately knew that they would not be good friends.

"Why are you here?" Neymar hissed

"I'm here to see my man.. I got some time off.. So why not visit my sweet love, Leo."

"Neymar I forgot- KUN!!!" Messi ran towards his best friend

Aguero pulled Messi into a tight embrace and kissed his neck lovingly. He opened his eyes and gave neymar a look. Neymar didn't think that he could compete with this man but he wasn't going to back down that easily. Messi would be his. Even if it was only for one night. He'd let Messi know who he belongs to.

"Sergio have you met neymar yet?" Lionel asked with a smile on his face

"Yeah.. Just a few minutes ago,"

"Isn't he the cutest thing ever?" Messi asked like a child

"Yeah.. "

Neymar smirked as he saw the uncomfortable look on Sergio's face. Aguero was going to have a hard time. He'd make sure of that.

'Oh it's on,' was the thought in both their heads

+

+

+