Chapter 31

Cristiano's POV

"So you'll be taking care of him right?" The doctor asks me

"Yeah,"

"Okay.. Listen.. He's gonna need to start taking antidepressants. I'm going to give everything that he needs to you and I'm gonna need for you to make sure that he takes them just as prescribed to him. " he tells me

"Okay. Listen.. When can he go home?"

"We'll let him go later on today. I need you to just keep an eye on him.. He's at a very low stage in his life and we don't want to have another accident that can lead to worst things."

"Yeah I know. Don't worry."

*

"Cristiano? Why was James in the hospital?"

"Is it true that James tried to kill himself?"

"What are you getting for him?"

"I heard that he's s drug addict, is that true?"

"Is Crismes real?"

I tried to ignore them all. James is waiting for me at home and I don't want to leave him alone for a single second. There's many more people outside. They're taking pictures and asking questions.. Gosh some of them really need a life.

"James is okay everyone.. He wasn't feeling well so he had to go for a check up. That is all.. Thank you for your concern, he appreciates it but he's okay so don't worry." I say

After that I get in my car and drive away. My head is hurting and pounding. This is too much.

"James, I'm home."

I place the things down and take the medicine and a glass of water to his room. He's sitting up by the time I get there.

"Okay.. Drink up.. I went grocery shopping so I'll make you something to eat," I say

"Thanks" he smiles

"Take it," I say

"What is it?" He asks looking at the pill

"It'll help you feel better," I smile

"Okay."

He takes the pill. I pull him up gently and walk him to the kitchen with me. He sits down by the counter. He looks exhausted. He hasn't been eating much by what I can see. James, when did you slip away? I thought I had you in my grasp.

" I'm gonna be staying here now?" He asked

"Yes. I'm going to be taking care of you."

"Okay," he says smiling

"Can I just have some fruit?" He asks

"Alright"

He takes small bites out of everything and that makes me really happy. Hopefully everything goes back to normal soon.

"James.."

"Hmm?"

"Why'd you do it?" I ask

He looks up at me with these eyes full of terror. I see all the brokenness and I wonder if there's something else going on with him.

"I don't know. It just felt good."

"But there's always a reason.. Were you not happy?"

"Of course I wasn't. For god's sake Cristiano.. I was dying, drowning. I was screaming for help but it was a helpless cry. Do you know how that feels? To cry out as loud as you can and yet have no one hear you? You grow so desperate and then suddenly you're locked up inside yourself with no escape. All these monsters start to haunt you. And those monsters all belong to you. Only you."

"You don't know what it feels like to be drowning knowing that you will never truly die unless you do something about it. So you just stay there, drowning, waiting to die or for someone to rescue you."

"James... I'll keep you from drowning,"

He gives me this hopeful look. But then he laughs. It's bitter and hateful. Yet he gives me a soft glance. There's still hope.

"I've waited for you to rescue me for so long.."

"You pushed me away," I said

"Because you're bad for me! You're a drug.. A terrible drug that I can't live without.. Can't you see that it's because of you that I'm like this?! I can't live Without you! And I hate myself a little more every day for needing you.."

His tears fall freely down his cheeks. He's looking down and the mood suddenly changes. He's so weak. He pull him into my arms. His hands pull my shirt tightly.

"I will never let you go James.. I'll die without you. I need you so much. And I'm so in love with you,"

I wipe his tears away. His lips look awfully teasing. He smiles at me warmly and I can't stop myself. I press my lips to hiss. It's chaste, until he forces our bodies a lot closer. I swiped tongue across his bottom lip and he gladly opens up for me.

He moans out into my mouth. His small and warm hands find my hair and tug on it.

"James," I groan out

"Please,"