Chapter 15: Barely forgotten memories

Silver p.o.v.

Giovanni was..free from prison? That can't be..he had to stay there for ten years.

"How did he escape? And where was he seen?" Alice asked, while glancing over at me sometimes.

"They don't know yet, rumors go around saying that someone might've helped him escape, but they're not sure. A teen boy caught a glimpse of him around black city" Cynthia answered in thought.

"Crap..." I mumbled under my breath, while shoving my feet around nervously.

I covered my eyes with my hands, as the flashbacks came flowing back into my mind, things I wanted to forget forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback.

It was a dark winter night, cold and most people were at home, drinking hot chocolate.

It was different for Silver.

"Where are you going dad?"  The little Silver asked Giovanni.

"I need to do things for Team Rocket kid" Giovanni answered, he was in a hurry.

"What?"  Silver said, surprised, playing with his Charizard toy.

"None of your business little brat"  Giovanni said, he was annoyed by Silver's questions.

"I saw a man and a women walk by in Team Rocket uniforms!"  Silver said, putting the toy down.

"They are going to help me with something" Giovanni smirked evilly.

They both turned around as they heard a loud knock sound on the door.

Giovanni walked towards the door and gestured the people to come in.

"Nice to see you both...The girl with the Ability..where is she?" Giovanni asked the couple.

"She didn't want to come with us, stubbord child. Her Grandma was at home staying with us, she didn't let her go"  They answered.

"Where is the girl now?"  Giovanni asked, getting  impatient.

"She's gone"  The girl's parents said in unison.

"WHAT!?HOW!?"  Giovanni shouted.

"She ran away with her pokemon, Charizard. She got him from her grandmother, that woman must've helped her escape from us"

Silver couldn't believe what he just heard. The girl they were talking about, escaped. Maybe he could escape from his father too? This was his only chance. His father didn't love him, he used him. Giovanni was an evil man that was the leader of an evil organization. He realized that.

The other day, the young Silver ran away, he stole his Totodile, wich is now a powerful Feraligatr, from professor Elms lab in another region, he then came here to Unova.

The girl showed him that nothing was impossible, it was possible to live safe , even if you had a dark past like herself. He finally felt safe.

Giovanni came looking for his unloved son but didn't find him, out of frustration he called the whole Rocket team together and started looking for him. Until Giovanni crossed the limit and  got into prison, for ten years. Because he stole peoples pokemon and was using them for his evil plans. Reasons, some people even feel ashamed about just to remember them.

End  of Flashback.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those memories will sadly never be forgotten.. I thought.

That girl..I never caught her name, but I was sure Alice was the girl with the Ability.

She could control fire, her parents joined team Rocket, she has a Charizard?

It has to be her.

I didn't know how to confront her about it though..She didn't know I was the son of Giovanni, Cynthia did know though. It won't be a secret for long I guess.

I did learn something important from this experience, but..

"Earth to Silver!" White said, while poking me.

"Will you stop that?" I mumbled.

"Never" She answered.

"Whatever" I removed my hands from my eyes and saw Alice talking with Cynthia about the situation, the only question was who might've helped him escape.

Ofcourse, I didn't know either.

Alice p.o.v.

Hm.. Silver looked like he was in deep thought or something, it was starting to creep me out.

Good thing that White brought him back to earth.

"I don't know..It's not like it's any more dangerous than it already was right? We have made plenty of enemies already" I said.

"Giovanni was the leader of Team Rocket, you know what they did" Cynthia answered, not letting her guard down in this conversation.

"Yeah yeah.." I answered.

"I think we should just be more careful, now that he's free again, if we see anything suspicious, we'll tell each other okay?" I said.

"Sure thing" Everyone answered.

We discussed mostly everything we knew, Gold and Iris would stay here in Opelucid city. Silver, White and I would go and continue our 'adventure'. Cynthia would go and do research on Giovanni and Team Rocket, she would let the police know if she found something.

After saying our goodbye's we walked out of Iris' house, deciding to continue our adventure.

Silver looked like he was sunken in deep thought again.

"You okay? You haven't talked much since we discussed the whole Giovanni thing" I said, poking him.

"Don't poke me" He said, looking at his feet.

"That's the only way to get you talking again, I know something's bothering you" I tried again.

"Nothing is going on and so there is nothing to worry about and keep on poking me" He mumbled.

I sighed.

"What should we do?" White asked.

"I dunno" Silver mumbled.

"Maybe we could go visit a cool city and do something useful?" I suggested.

"We could go visit my hometown, I haven't visited it in quite some time" White said.

"Are you talking about Accumula town, White?" I asked.

"Yes, that's where my mom lives, it would be kinda nice to relax a little after we heard a lot of information today" White said.

"Hmph" Silver mumbled.

"Sounds like plan" I answered excitedly.

We let out our flying pokemon and flew away, towards Accumula town.