Chapter 23: Time to take action

Alice p.o.v.

I had done my usual morning routine, and now I was sitting in the dining room, eating breakfast.

No training today though, we need to get that damn chip out today.

That thing was driving me crazy, and it hurt so much.

I glanced over at Silver.

His red hair was a little messy, he actually wasn't planning on getting up early. But Eliza drove him out of his room, apparently by throwing stuff at him.

Even though his hair was messy, he still looked good. Wait...What?

Silver noticed me staring at him and he looked me back in the eyes, giving me  a 'why are you staring at me' look.

I couldn't help but blush and I went back to eating my croissant.

I put my other hand on my cheek, turning a little away from him, still blushing.

"Is there something wrong?" Silver asked.

"Uu-uuhm no! E-everything is just fine ehehehe" I answered, acting like I was laughing, but in reality, I mentally slapped myself in the face.

"Okay then..." Silver said and nodded, he had finished his breakfast and went out of the dining room.

Where did he go? I wonder.

"Alice!" Someone called me.

I turned around and saw that it was Anthony.

"We better get that thing out as soon as possible!" He said.

I nodded, a little scared of the whole thing that was going to happen now.

He motioned towards the door and I walked out of the room, followed by him and Duncan.

"Duncan, why are you coming?" I asked him.

"Well, it will hurt, so I thought since your boyfriend isn't here, I could take his place" He simply said.

"B-boyfriend? I uh" I said, stuttering. What is going on!?

"Come on, Alice. Duncan, you can come if you want to, but yeah" Anthony said, taking me to a, what seemed like a doctors' room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes, and looked around.

Oh yeah..I remember.

Anthony walked in.

"The chip was taken out!" He said.

I sighed in satisfaction. "Finally" I said.

Duncan came in.

"How are you doing?" He asked, sitting down on a chair.

"Fine, I guess" I answered, getting up.

"Good to hear" He said and winked.

I faked a smile.

"I'm sorry, I'm not really in the mood to talk, uuhm. Can we talk later?" I asked him, trying not to sound rude.

"Sure, I understand. See you around" He said. His face had this look, wich I couldn't really figure out what it meant or was.

I nodded, and walked out of the room.

Something just hit me, my mood wasn't cheery anymore. I had to think. Think about important things.

I finally arrived at my room. I closed the door behind me and fell onto my soft bed.

I let out a loud sigh and just layed on my bed for a few minutes.

We have been here for a few days. And not much has happened. The enemies are getting stronger and we are being too slow with things.

I let out another sigh.

Why is everything so complicated? Why did my parents join Team Rocket in the first place? No idea.

And Emerald. I wonder what happened to her. She hasn't shown up for quite some time.

Something weird is going on and I just can't seem to figure it out. It's time to take action. We need to step up our game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emerald p.o.v.

"JUMP AND DODGE!" The instructor shouted.

My long bright blue hair was up in a pony tail.

I quickly did as he said and jumped over the obstacles. I dodged the fireballs that were shot at me.

"Good! Nice job Em!" He said, giving me a thumbs up.

I nodded and sighed.

I didn't ask for this. I'm sick and tired of training. But it has to be done, I can't disappoint my boss.

I heard a door opening.

I turned around to the direction where the sound came from.

"Ah, Giovanni, you're here!" The instructor said.

"What brings you here sir?" I asked him.

"I came here to see you train, Emerald" He said, a cold look plastered on his face"

"How so?" I asked him.

"Because I need to see if our weapon can deal with the enemy" He simply said, sitting on a wooden bench next to the training field.

I nodded.

"Alright, I'll show you what I'm up to" I said, and took my place in the training field.

"One,two,three! GO!" The instructor said, blowing on his flute as a sign for me to show my skills.

I started running, I quickly reached a wall and jumped up against it, pushing myself away from the wall, making a backflip in the air.

I clenched my fists.

I continued to run as my fists turned blue. Bright blue.

I concentrated on the power within me as I released a powerful blue beam of fire.

I fired blue fireballs at the wall and kept doing those things for a while.

Once I finished my little 'performance' I sat down on a different bench and took a sip of water that the instructor gave me.

"I see" Giovanni said, an evil smile plastered on his face.

I looked at the instructor and then at Giovanni.

"You are able to defeat the enemy. There are five of them. But we have a couple hundred grunts, and YOU as our secret weapon. My son and his little friends won't stand a chance against us" He said and grinned in satisfaction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Helloooo :3

Rainy here. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I'm sorry it took a while. But it's here, and I hope you enjoyed it. It was kind of a filler, but some important information was revealed.

Also, sad but quite exciting news. Ability, is coming closer to an end. I don't know how many chapters there will be before the end, but from what I've planned out, it will not take that long anymore.

Anywayyyy I can't reveal too much ;)

I hope you enjoyed, and I'll see you later! Bye bye~

-Rainy