Start

I am busy playing my favorite online game on my mobile phone while I lay on our bed comfortably. I'm trying to keep myself busy as B tries to finish her work at home.

I'm sleepy, but I'm trying to keep myself awake for I know that she'll get mad at me once she sees me asleep.

"B? Tagal pa ba yan?" I asked.

"Hmmmmnnn. Wait lang matatapos ko na to!" She responded.

I moved closer to where she's sitting, kissed her head and whispered, "Babe time na oohhh, late na..."

"Saglit! Saglit!" She said hurriedly.

It's been our routine. I can't remember when it started. She brings her work at home while I wait for her to finish it.

This means that I can rest, but should not sleep until she's done or else - not so good things will happen. This means that I need to be awake in the next few hours, maybe until past midnight.

I glanced at her from time to time, to check how she's doing. At times, I also get bored playing online games, and so I'll raid the fridge to get some food for us to munch in.

Chocolates! Oh yes, we love to eat chocolates at night!

I remembered when we were still friends, she used to surprise me with different types, flavors, and sizes of chocolates. One time, I joke that if she's courting me, I would definitely say 'Yes' to her. I didn't know though, that we'll end up together.

"Ayan render na lang..." She suddenly announced.

But now my eyes are tired - evident through the uncontrollable closing of my eyelids. My whole body is sending a lot of signals that I should sleep and get some rest.

Time check: 2:00 in the morning. 2 hours from now, I need to prepare for work. Uggghhh imagine my struggle right now!

Moments later, she stood up and joined me in bed. I tried to keep my eyes open as I welcome her with a warm hug. We instantly cuddle as if it's automatic whenever we're beside each other. Only a few minutes have passed before my body won the battle so I gave up and let my eyes win.

Yes! I am in love with her. Being there by her side and hugging her is something that I'll never get tired of doing every single day.

I may not express it through words, but I am truly, madly, and deeply in love with her.

"B? Tutulog ka na?" She asked which knocked some consciousness in me.

"Sleep na tayo B... Alam ko pagod ka na din..." I responded with eyes still closed.

"Tulog ka naman ng tulog eh!" She said irritably.

I took a deep breath before I opened my eyes. I looked straight to her eyes then asked, "Hindi ka pa ba pagod? Madaling araw na eh..."

"May sinasabi ka kanina... How's work?" She asked me instead of answering my question.

Okay, I know where this is heading to - catch-up time for us.

I moved to straighten my body and rest my back against the headboard thinking that this position will help me stay awake.

She took some pillows to cushion her back so she can semi sit comfortably next to me.

Soon after we started talking about how my day was in the office and she also shared hers.

It was a good conversation, on the other hand, my body is getting weaker yet my mind is getting restless trying to convinced myself to get some rest.