Finding Yourself

I woke up earlier than usual. I already finished taking a shower when my alarm went on. I immediately run to turn it off while I finish brushing my teeth. 

In a few minutes, I fixed my things and prepared my bag. I made sure the hotel room is tidy enough before I went to the front desk to surrender the keys.

It was still dark and cold outside but I didn't mind as I walk towards the Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral. See, I ain't that religious, but I grab every opportunity that I have to be in His temple whenever possible. I love doing it when no one is watching and when I really want to do it. I don't want it to appear as an obligation for my religion, rather my way of communicating with Him.

I went inside the church to utter some prayers of thanks and healing. Light a few candles after as my offering. I also took a photo as a remembrance of this moment.

It was already past six in the morning when I decided to walk towards the terminal for the vans bound to Toledo, Cebu. On my way there, I bought a few local delicacies that I saw along the way.

After a few minutes of walking and passing the busy streets of the city, I arrived at the terminal. I occupied the front seats and paid for 2 so I can have it solo. I placed my bag next to me as I started eating until the van is full and is ready to go.

I turned on my phone and sent a message to my mom that I'm already on my way to Toledo. I also didn't receive any message from B so, I didn't bother sending her a message. She might be busy so I let it be.

I turned on my phone's Bluetooth to connect it to my headset. I started playing my road trip playlist as I relax and enjoy the view towards Toledo City. It was almost an hour and a half of travel time before we arrived at the Toledo City terminal. I had to ride a local pedicab to take me to the port area.

The next boat trip to San Carlos Negros Occidental will be at 9:30 AM. So I immediately bought a ticket and walked towards the port where the boat is. I took some shots of the place and watch as few vehicles, included a couple of buses are being loaded onto the boat.

I went to the viewing deck to admire the vastness of the sea. I also enjoyed the waves crashing on the nearby shore where some kids are playing. I took more photos before I decided to go inside the cabin.

I easily located my designated bunk and so I lay my body to rest. It's an hour more of travel time so I better relax as I know my family will make the most of our time together once we see each other.

I was awakened by the loud honk from the water vessel. I looked around and saw other people getting ready. I lazily fixed myself and carried my bag outside the cabin.

A lot of people were already on long lines from the exit so I decided to go to the viewing deck to take some photos. I noticed how the people were excited to see some of their relatives waiting at the port area.

It's been a while since I visited Negros Occidental. I am excited to explore this lovely province again. 

After a few minutes, people are starting to get off the vessel. I followed them as I took photos of families being reunited again. It's the day before Christmas, who wouldn't be excited?

I saw my mom waving at me so I walked towards her and gave her a hug. We walked towards the car and so I took my dad's hand to pay my respect. 

"Tara kumain muna tayo bago tayo umuwi." My dad said.

He drove towards a local restaurant that's known for their Batchoy, Lomi and kakanin.

I missed eating these. It's extra special because I'm with my parents.