Last Trip

Friday night and my office mates asked me to join them for a Friday night out.

"Sorry guys, have to pass. May gala ako eh..." I said.

"Saan ka na naman pupunta?" Shane asked

"Maniwaya... Kasama ko si B... Bawi na lang ako next time..." I replied.

"Naku, so kiss and make up na ba yan?!" Shane commented.

I just laughed and waved goodbye, but just before I could go out, Shane grabbed my arm. I looked at her with questioning eyes.

"Just remember, you did everything to make it work. You may not tell me everything pero I can feel yung paghihirap mo dyan. Whatever is your decision, andito ako lagi for you. Love yourself more tol!" She said which made me teary-eyed.

"Thanks, tol!" I sincerely said before leaving.

Shane's statement was playing on repeat inside my head while I'm on my way home.

She has a point. I guess that's how I want things to happen - no regrets!

I changed my clothes the moment I arrived at home. I also fixed our bags and made sure we have everything we need for the trip.

I am ready and excited for this - one last adventure before I let her go. I know and I can feel that this will be the last time we'll travel as a couple so I have to spend it to the fullest.

"Ready na ahhh..." She said excitedly as she entered our room.

I just smiled and helped her with her things.

"Palit lang ako B then we can go na." She said.

I nodded and waited for her.

I booked an Uber to bring us to the van's pick up point. It only took us a few minutes to reach our destination.

We went inside a van, I made sure she's comfortable.

"Sleep ka muna B..." I told her.

She smiled at me then placed her head on my chest.

I smiled too and hugged her.

Sleep well, my love... I thought.

Soon after I also fell asleep.

After a few hours of traveling, we arrived at the port.

"B, wake up... We're here na..." I told her.

She brushed her head on my chest. I know what that means, she still wants to sleep.

I smiled and whispered, "Maya ka na matulog, sa boat..."

I felt her move excitedly and asked, "Asan na ba kasi tayo?"

"General Luna. May one hour boat ride to Maniwaya. Kaya sa boat ka na uli magsleep." I replied.

She smiled. Yeah, a genuine one.

She's been asking about this trip for a few months now and we even had a fight about it because she thought I didn't care. But the truth is, I've been researching and looking for a travel group that we can join in.

Lucky for me to find a good one and thought of making it as a surprise trip in celebration of our 4th year together.

So here we are at the port waiting for us to ride the boat bound to the beautiful island of Maniwaya in Marinduque.

We were instructed to get breakfast first while waiting for the boat to dock.

B and I went to a nearby local food house to order the usual Silog meal. It's been a while since we had this kind of bonding and so we enjoyed our early breakfast.