Chapter 13

ROGER

I start to drive out of the parking lot. I could tell Brian was curious, but he has to wait. It was a surprise after all. I turn on the radio, and Bohemian Rhapsody is playing. Brian, and I both chuckle. I never got used to hearing myself on the radio; none of us did, well maybe Fred. I was always surprised to hear our songs playing. It made me happy. I make my way towards the end of the parking lot, stopping for other cars to go.
"I just wanted to say thank you, for everything. You stayed by my side, even when you needed sleep, and wanted to go home. You stayed by my side through this whole problem..." he said. I take a quick glimpse and see him looking down at his hands.
"You don't need to thank me, Brian." I say in a low voice. "I'm your boyfriend. That's what I am here for," I say taking his hand. I squeeze it tight to show him I mean it. He squeezes it back.
"Thank you, Roger." I continue to drive, with one hand on the wheel, the other intertwined with his hand. The drive was going to be a while, so we needed things to occupy ourselves with before we got dangerously bored.
"Are you curious as to where we are going?" I tease.
"Very. Can you tell me?" He begs. I can't help but laugh.
"No, but it is going to be a long ride. Hopefully you can wait a bit longer," I say. Brian lets out a pout.
"Fine!" He says, in annoyance.
"It's worth the wait, I promise." I say smiling. We sit in silence.
"How're Fred, and John? I know they are concerned." He says in a low voice.
"They're good, actually. They were so happy that you are okay. They're talking to Beach, and the tour management right now," I say, driving.
"Once this gets out to the press, it'll be the death of me. "Queen pushes their tour back" "Brian May injured". All the stories," he says. I can tell he's stressed.
"It'll be fine. Even if this gets out, the fans will understand. You're hurt, and they'd want you to feel better," I say, trying to reassure him.
"Yeah... you're right." He says. "I'm overreacting again," defeat in his voice. He was being too hard on himself. He always did this whenever he thought things were his fault. It is a bad habit, and I want to help him get rid of it. We sit in silence. I take a turn on the highway, going behind a car.
The view from the highway is amazing. We are high enough to be above some trees, but not too high. I peek over at Brian, he's looking out the window. I pull my hand away from his, because I need both hands to steer. There would be a couple big turns coming up.
"Hey, uhm..." Brian mumbles
"Yeah? Is everything okay?" I ask, still focused on the road.
"How long have Deacy, and Fred known about us?" He asks, with pure curiosity in his voice.
"Well, they've known about us since the day of the accident. I drove to hospital in a frenzy state, I was a nurvose reck. I'm running around trying to find you like a crazy person, screaming your name. When I saw you, I held your hand, and stood by your side." I say, flashbacks coming back.
"Oh... did you cry?" He asks
"What? No..." I lie through my teeth.
"Roger?"
"Okay, maybe a little?" I hated admitting to my soft side.
"Now I know you're lying," he laughs.
"Okay! Maybe I cried... a lot," I mumble, face turning red.
"Awe, you really do care about me!" He exclaims. I feel a kiss on my cheek.
"Of course I care about you," I say. I take the first big turn.
"This'll be a great story to tell our kids," he says. I gasp, and swerve a little.
"Kids?!" I yell. Brian lets out a huge laugh.
"I'm just joking, Rog." He says, laughing. I let out a sigh of relief.
"All though... I would love to have kids," he says.
"I know you would, but don't you think it's a bit too soon for kids? I mean, dont you want to be together for a while first?" I ask.
"I do. I'm not saying we have to have kids right away, but in the future I would love to have some," he says. I could feel him looking at me.
"I would too," I say in agreeance. I look at him to see a huge grin on his face. He is adorable. I take the second big turn.
The rest is just a straight drive down the road. It's a beautiful drive. Trees, fields full of flowers, beautiful sky. It would be another 15 minutes before we would arrive. I decide to change the radio, and Bohemian Rhapsody is playing again. This time, we decide to sing along. Starting on the intro
"Is this the real life?"
"Is this just fantasy?" Going back and forth. Brian continues.
"Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality. Open your eyes, look up to the skies, and see," emphasizing the E.
"I'm just a poor boy. I need no sympathy, because I'm easy come, easy go. Little high, little low."
We both sing together, harmonizing.
"Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me...." I loved Brian's singing voice. It's so soft, but rhapsy at the same time. We sing all the way to the operatic section. Maybe I can show off my voice.
"Galileo! Galileo! Galileo Figaro!" I sing, falsetto.
"Show off," Brian laughs.
"Only the best," I say, ima flirty tone. We dont talk the rest of the ride. I want Brian to embrace his surroundings. Before I knew it, we arrived.

BRIAN

We pull up to a remote area. There is a walk way in front of us. Where are we? Roger steps out of the car, and walks over to my door. He opens the door, and I grab his one hand, allowing his other one to take my back, for support. Roger closed my door, and locks the car. I look behind the car, we are in the middle of no where. He reaches for my hand again, then leads me down the walk way. There are Rose hedges lining the walk way, trees, and flowers outside it. The walk way was stone blocks. We walk for a couple minutes. I look around, trying to get a idea as to where we are. A new place opens up in front of us. There is a tiny hill.
"Where on Earth are we going?" I ask. He doesn't answer me. We slowly make our way up the hill, Roger supporting me every step up. We make it to the top after a couple minutes. There is a blanket lied out underneath a tree. Flowers everywhere. Roger leads me to the tree. He supports me as I sit down on the blanket, then he goes to sit. He pulls a basket from behind him.
"Roger, this is adorable!" I say, in admiration.
"You seemed like you needed some cheering up, so I decided to take you out on a date," he says with a smile on his face. I take his face in my hand, and give him a kiss on the lips.
"Thank you," I say. Blushing. He opens the basket, and takes out some goods. Bread, apples, oranges, strawberries, and cookies. It all looked delicious. He then hands me a water bottle, and puts everything in the middle.
"Dig in," he says, and grabs a apple. I proceed to take a orange. We both talk about our plans for the week, and what we need to get done.
"I know this is off topic," I interrupt our conversation. "But why did you choose this spot?" I ask. We could have gone to any park, but he choose here.
"This spot is special to me," he says. I'm intrigued. "When I was 13, me and my Mom came to this spot almost every day. One day, we decided to plant a tree," pointing to the one behind us. "She told me to come to this spot whenever I was upset, or needed space for myself. I've come here ever since. I thought I should share it with you." He says, meeting my gaze. His eyes say everything.
"That's so sweet, Rog." I say. He looks down at the food, and quickly snatches a cookie. I can't help but laugh. We continue to talk for I dont know how long. We had lots of laughs, and conversations. I love Roger's company. I could never get tired of it.
Eventually we put the food back in the basket. We decide to lay down on the blanket together. The sun was setting, so we decide to watch it. We lay down, and I lean my head against Roger. Embracing the moment. We both sit up, and meet each other's gaze. He looked so handsome. I pull him in for a passionate kiss. I could get lost in his lips forever. They're so soft. We lock lips for a couple minutes. I wanted to show him how much this all meant to me. He really knew how to make me feel better. I am falling in love with him.