Chapter 30

A couple years ago...

Roger

I stare at him from across the room. He's focusing on his guitar, trying to make sure it's tuned right. He looks up, and I instantly dodge my stare. I feel my face start to get hot, and flush a bit. He just caught me staring at him... again. Lately I don't know what's been going on with me. I've been more focused on Brian than I have been anything else. At our performance the other day, at a pub, I was staring at him so much that I managed to fuck up my drum solo. It's something about him. His tall, sexy stature. His kind heart, and caring personality. His gorgeous face, and his amazing smile. He's just.... perfect. But, I can't take a liking to Brian, he's married anyway. And if my Dad found out about me being gay, he'd kill me. I'd be kicked out of the house, and sent away. I look down at my drum sticks, and fiddle with them. I look at my hands that have scars, upon scars on them. They're so beat up from my drumming, and I rarely take care of them. "Hey," I hear a voice say. I look up, and Tim is in front of me, with a slightly concerned face. "Is everything okay? you've just seemed off lately, and I just want to make sure you're okay." He smiles. "Yeah, I'm fine, Mate." I say. Tim nods, and walks away. There is no way I can tell Tim about this either. I peek up at Brian again, but this time he's staring at me. I instantly look down, and look at my drums again. I can hear him laughing a bit, and I become a blushey mess. "Fuck..." I whisper. 

We finish our practice for the day, and I try to get out of there as fast as I can. I'm tidying up my drums, and I hear footsteps behind me. "Hey Rog," someone says. I slowly turn around, and to my surprise it's Brian. "Oh- Oh hey!" I say. I can already feel myself blushing. Brian chuckles a bit. "Heading out?" He asks. "Yeah, I've got to get home to my Dad," I lie. "Oh..." Brian says. Oh? Does he want me to stay? "Got any plans for tonight?" I ask. "I was actually going out to get a drink," he says. "Oh, that sounds like fun," I reply. "Want to come with? I know you said you've gotta go, but it may be fun," he says. "S-sure!" I yell, awkwardly. 

As I get into Brian's car, I think of all the things that can go wrong. I can get too drunk, or tipsy to the point where I just come out, and tell him completely that I like him. I could kiss him, or make a move, or I could do something completely out of line. Maybe this was a bad idea. I shouldn't have come, i'm going to end up doing something stupid. Brian and I walk into the bar, and he starts ordering the heaviest they have. This isn't like Brian, he never drinks like this. "Are you going to drink anything?" Brian asks. "No, you go ahead. We need someone to drive home anyway," I reply, with a fake smile. "You sure?" He asks. "Yeah, I'm positive." I say. Brian downs a shot, of whatever he's got. "Hey, are you feeling okay? You don't normally drink like this..." I say. "Yeah... I'm okay. Just stuff at home," he says, then signals for another drink. I look Brian up, and down. Something isn't right, and he's not telling me what it is. I look at his hand, and notice. He isn't wearing his wedding ring. When did he take it off? I could have swore he had it on earlier. Did they break up? Get into a fight? I run all the possibilities through my head, trying to think of what could have happened. They seemed just fine the other day....

About 30 minutes later, Brian's tipsy as hell. It's kind of funny though, I've never seen him this wild. He's up, dancing, and saying the most stupid stuff. It's kind of cute though. Brian turns to me, and he stumbles over himself walking towards me. "RoGer! come dance!" he says, reaching for my hand. "No, no, I'm okay." I laugh. "Come on! Don't be so soft," he says. "Really, I'm okay," I say. Brian looks at me, except... it's different. It seems more, flirtacious. He uses his hands to help him sit down next to me. He looks at me, for a minute straight, gazing into my eyes. I feel myself blushing like crazy. "You know, you have to most beautiful eyes," he says. "W- what?" I ask. I feel my face burning up, and I rub the back of my neck with my hand. "T-thank you..." I say. He then stares deeper into my eyes. I release from his gaze, and look down at the floor. I can't believe this is happening. I mean... he's drunk. He doesn't mean it, he can't. I can't trust anything he says right now. He is drunker than I have ever seen him before. "Roger... you know I like you, right?" he says, seductively. I go speechless. My face turns redder than a tomato. "I- I..." I muster out. "I mean, you're so hot, and sexy. I need a man like you in my life," he says, drunkly. He takes my hand in his, and holds it tight. I can't look at him, if I do, ill do something I may regret. I pull my hand away, and look up at him. "Okay Brian. You're really drunk. It's time to go home," I say. "I don't want to go home. I want to stay with yoU!" he protest. I can tell that he doesn't know what he's saying anymore. I can't take him home like this, his wife will kill him. I think about where else I can bring him. He may just have to sleep on my couch. "Okay Brian, Lets go," I say. Brian refuses to move, so I have to pick him up by the shoulders, and drag him out of the bar. 

I put Brian in the back, and get in the drivers seat. "Roger?" Brian says. "Yes Brian?" I ask. "hi," he giggles. I can't help but laugh a bit. I drive to my parents house, with Brian asleep in the back. Once we reach the house, I have to open my door. I then run back to the car, and pick Brian up out of it. I drag him into the house, and put him on the couch. "Who is that?" I hear a voice say. I turn around, and my Mom is standing on the stairs, with a cup in her hand. "It's Brian, Mom. He had a bit too much to drink and can't drive home." I say. She drinks from her cup, and looks at Brian. "It's fine that he sleeps on the couch. As long as he isn't too loud." she says. "I'm going to bed, Goodnight Roger." she says. "Goodnight Mom," I reply. Once she walks up the stairs, I focus back on Brian. I cover him up with a few blankets, and put a pillow under his head. I make sure he is asleep, then I go upstairs, and into my room. 

I lay in my bed, and stare up at the ceiling. Thoughts of tonight run through my head. I smile at the memory of Brian saying that he liked me. Even though he may not have meant it, it was nice to hear. I can't talk to him about this, it'll weird him out. I care about him too much to tell him.  I turn off my light on my bedside table, and try to sleep. The memories fly through my head, and I slowly fall asleep.