Chapter 35

Brian 

I wake up around 4 AM, wide awake. Roger sleeps lightly, slightly snoring. I stretch my legs a bit, before I swing them around the bed, trying my best not to wake Roger. I stand up, and stretch my arms, fingers slightly brushing the ceiling. I yawn, and rub my eyes a bit. Our hotel room has a tiny balcony, opening the city up to us. I turn my head, and look at Roger. He's still sleeping, soundly, it puts a tiny smile on my face. 

I walk to the door of the balcony, as quiet as possible. I slowly slide the door open, curtains flowing in the breeze. Roger usually sleeps in, and I don't wake him. He works so hard, so the least I can let him do is sleep. As I close the door, the sound of the city fills my ear. I walk to the edge of the balcony, leaning over slightly. Our view has a couple buildings, but mainly street. Roger booked us on a hotel on one the busiest street of Paris. There are a lot of cars out, which is kind of shocking considering it isn't even 5 yet. A few people are walking the streets of Paris, but not many. My attention draws to the sky. It's a beautiful blend of purple, orange, and yellow; like a painting. The sun is slowly rising, allowing a bit of light. 

I don't know how long I stay out there. I just watch the streets of Paris, in fascination. I find it interesting seeing a different perspective of life. I'm so used to touring, writing music, and constantly being out. It feels nice to just wake up, and enjoy everything. I feel a pressure around my waist, tight. I look behind me, and Roger is holding me tight. "Oh! Good morning, Roggie. I must've not heard the door open," I say, slightly confused. "Did I wake you up?" I ask. "No, not at all." he laughs. "How long have you been out here?" he asks, confused. I turn around to face him. He has sleepy eyes, and he looks tired. "Mmm, I don't know," I say. "What time is it?" I ask. "it's 7:04," he says. I gasp, surprised. "3 hours... I must've lost track of time," I admit, laughing. I hug Roger, giving him a tiny peck on the lips. "What do you say we get ready, then head out for breakfast?" Roger asks. I hum, and nod my head. "Sounds good," I say, with a tiny smile. I turn around, and look out at the city one more time. There were more people on the street, lots of cars. There is more noise, and a lot of bustling. 

I scroll through the channels on the TV, struggling to find the weather channel. "I don't want another day like yesterday to happen," I say, giggling at the thought. The memories of yesterday flashing through my head, causing me to blush a bit. I finally find the channel, and let out a tiny yelp. Roger stands next to me, hand on my back. "Damn, it's supposed to rain again..." he says, slightly disappointed. "It's okay, I don't mind getting a little wet," I say, Roger gives me a little wink, I try to ignore it. "We'll just bring a jacket or two this time," I say. Roger nods, and heads over to our luggage. 

I put on a short sleeve, white tee-shirt, jeans, and a pair of white clogs. I also bring a jacket, just in case. Once again, Roger and I walk out of the hotel, hand in hand. Roger takes me straight down a street, different from yesterday. "There is a awesome restaurant over here, we can order a good breakfast, and go out for the rest of the day." Roger says. I nod, and smile. There are a few shops on the way there, and a couple apartments, mainly office buildings though. 

Roger and I arrive in the restaurant, and it's surprisingly fancy. There are a few empty tables, but the place is packed. "May I help you?" a young lady says. Roger walks up to her, and places a arm on the table. "I need a table," he says, "How many?" she asks. "Two people," he says. The lady crouches under her desk, and pulls out two menus. "Follow me," she smiles. She leads us towards the back of the restaurant, and places the menus on the table. I pull out a chair for Roger, and allow him to sit first. I sit across from him, and open the menu. "I'll give you men a couple minutes, and I'll be right back," she says. 

There aren't many vegetarian friendly options, but I end up going with toast, and eggs. Roger orders the same thing as me, just so he doesn't eat meat. The young lady comes back, and takes our orders. A while later, she brings us our food, and a check.