Chapter 19

ROGER
I watch as Brian goes up the stairs and disappears. There are so many people I have to navigate around to get to the kitchen. I see John in the kitchen, peaking his head in the fridge. Freddie is by the sink, talk to... Paul. I see all the empty beer cans scattered around the kitchen. I hadn't had a drink in a while. I think it's Okay for me to have a drink, or two. I walk over to the fridge and stand by John.
"Want a drink?" He asks. I nod my head, and watch John pass me a drink.
"Thank you," I say. I hear him hum. John is often so quiet, he doesn't socialize much either. I check up on him every now, and then to make sure everything is good. He's been seeing a girl for a while now, I think about three years. But he hasn't introduced her to us yet.
"So," I say to Deacy. "How's everything been lately?" I ask. He turns around and faces me.
"Can I be honest with you Brian?" He ask. Usually Deacy didn't talk about his problems. He is such a positive person and he wants everyone to be happy.
"Of course you can John. What's up?" I ask.
"Well..." he hesitates, face completely changing. "I'm gonna be a Dad," he says, with a slight smile.
"Really? That's amazing John! I'm so happy for You!" I reach in and give him a hug. "How far along is she?" I ask.
"8 months actually," he says.
"8 months? You didn't even tell us!" I say.
"That's because I didn't believe it. I still dont. I'm going to be a Dad..." he says. His face changes into a tiny frown.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"I don't know... what if I'm not fit to be a Dad? I mean, I'm responsible for another humans life. What if.. I'm a bad Dad?"
"Are you kidding? John you're going to make a great Dad! You're so kind, and caring, and are one of the most responsible people I know." I see a smile appear across his face.
"Thanks Brian. That's means a lot," he says. I can tell he truly meant it.
"Let's have some drinks to celebrate," I say.
"You're already drinking, but sure. Why Not?" He says. I open the fridge, and pass John a beer.
"Hey there sexy," I turn around, and some girl is looking at me, a smirk on her face.
"Hi," I sip my beer. I'm so used to people hitting on me that at this point it feels natural.
"How about we grab a few drinks and go somewhere private," she winks.
"Nahh," I say.
"N- nah?"
"Nope."
"And why Not?" She asks, crossing her arms.
"Because I don't want to," I say.
"Of course you do!" She says.
"Hey! Mind pissing off?" I say, irritated.
"Hmph. Whatever, your loss" she walks away.

BRIAN
"Briannnnnnnn" someone says, emphasizing the N. I hear my door open and close. I peek my eyes open, and look at my clock. It takes a couple seconds for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. 2:24 AM. Good Grief.
"What?" I grunt, tired and annoyed.
"Can weE cudle?"
"Roger?" I ask.
"DIng doNg"
"Have you been drinking?" I ask.
"Only a lot," he laughs. He sounds really drunk. His words kind of blend together. I hear a loud crash. I quickly turn on the lamp, and see Roger on the ground.
"Ouch," he says, face in the ground. I can't help but laugh.
"Roger, you need to go to sleep," I giggle.
"But I want to cUddleeeeee!" He says. I watch him stand up, and walk over to the bed, tripping over himself a few times. He sits next to me.
"Roger you're drunk," I laugh.
"S-soo?" He says. I feel him put his weight on my shoulder, and try to wrap his arms around me. Somehow one hand ends up on top of my head, but he doesn't move it.
"I love youu," he says.
"I love you too," I giggle. "N-" he falls into my lap. His head bounces a little.
"Did you just?" I ask puzzled, stopping myself. "You did..." I have a Roger passed out in my lap. I look at him for a minute, then softly stroke his head, and hum. I run my hands through his hair. I pick up his head slightly and place it so he's at least laying down. Then I go back to my pillow, turn the lamp off, and lay down. I have to adjust the way I sleep, so Roger is at least comfy. Then, I fall asleep.