Chapter 40

Roger

I slowly blink my eyes open, blinded by the light. I stretch my arms up a bit, only for them to be blocked. I look up confused, but a smile spreads on my face. Brian next to me, sleeping. I look around a bit and notice we are still on the couch. We must have fallen asleep without knowing. I smile, and give him a small peck on the forehead, trying not to wake him. I slowly move my body off the couch, and stand up. I stretch a bit more, and let out a sigh. The Tv is still on, so I walk over and quietly turn it off. Then, I walk over to the kitchen. Memories from last night flow through my head. We didn't do much, but it was still a good night. I think Brian really needed that after all that's been going on lately. His home life has been a mess, and he's been trying to stay positive. Brian has to take a trip home for a couple days, and I'd promise that I wouldn't go. He needs time for himself to just talk to his family, and sort things out.

I step into the kitchen, and open the fridge. I scratch the top of my head, thinking about what to make for breakfast. I search through the bottom of the fridge, and pull out a carton of eggs, and some butter. We have bread so I can just make toast with eggs. Nothing too fancy, but enough for breakfast. I quietly rummage through the cupboard, and grab a pan. I place it on the stove, and pull out a bowl and a couple plates.

By the time I am almost done with the eggs, I hear a grunt from the living room. I peak over, and see Brian moving his head. "Good morning sleeping beauty," I tease. I see Brian look up at me, rubbing his eyes. He looks slightly confused. "What time is it?" he asks in a husky voice. I look over at the clock, then back at my eggs. "10:02," I say. I grab the pan, and start putting the eggs on a plate. "I'm sorry I slept so late. I wasn't aware it was past 8." he says slowly getting up. I hear myself laugh, and look at him. "You don't need to be sorry for sleeping in," I grab the plates and place them on the dinning table. Brian comes up to me, and kisses my head, his curls a fluffy mess. I allow my hand to find a spot on his hips, pulling him close. I give him a soft kiss on the lips, fingers intertwined in his curls. We pull back, and meet each others eyes. "You're in a good mood today," Brian teases. I smile, and turn back around to the table. I motion Brian to sit down, as I pull out my chair and sit.

Brian and I don't talk a lot during breakfast. We mainly sit, and just enjoy each others company. Once we finish our food Brian takes the plates and decides to wash dishes. "What are the plans for today?" I yell over the water. I see Brian shake his head, and continue the dishes. "I don't know. What are you up for?" he asks. I walk over to the window, looking outside. It's snowing, but not as hard as yesterday. "We can go for a walk, do some shopping," I recommend. I hear Brian turn off the water, then he comes and joins me by the window. "I like the idea of going for a walk. Maybe later tonight we can go to a bar? Enjoy ourselves?" he asks. I nod my head, and look at him. "That sounds great," I say taking his hand in mine. "We can go out for lunch, take a walk, come back, then go to a bar later on." I say squeezing his hand. "I'd like that," I hear him say.

I take time to go take a shower, while Brian works with Red Special. He's had this rift in mind for a while now that may go with the song that he's writing now. Brian has been working so hard on this song and I would love to see the turn out. The song means a lot to him. I walk into our room and go into my dresser. I pull out a pair of blue jeans, and a white polo. I walk to the bathroom, and close the door behind me. I place my clothes on the floor, and look into the mirror. Running my hands through my hair, I look at my reflection in the mirror. I have tiny bags under my eyes, and my hair is a little messy. I take a deep breath in, then out.

Once I'm finished with my shower, I dry my hair as much as possible. My hair is still wet, but not soaking wet. I always thought of myself to look quite weird with my hair wet. I step out of the bathroom, and hear Brian playing. He's still working on the rift. Quietly, I walk to where he can't see me, and watch him play. He's standing up facing the window. He looks from his paper to his guitar, slowly playing a melody. He would casually sing a few lyrics with it to see if it goes. I found it quiet attractive when he plays. He Is so focused, and determined. Brian pulls me out of my thoughts when he calls my name. I jump a bit, and blush. "Were you watching me play?" he asks, I can hear he's slightly amused. "What? I- uh no... I mean... yes?" I say rubbing the back of my neck. I hear Brian laugh, and he takes the guitar strap off from around his neck. "I can't help it. You look so good when you play," I say blushing still. Brian turns around and puts his guitar down. "You think so?" he teases. Brian walks towards me, and puts his hands on my hips. I put my arms behind his neck, and I pull him closer. "Of course I do. How could I not think my boyfriend looked good?" I tease with a tiny grin on my face. I see Brian laugh, as he pulls me closer for a kiss. Brian and I kiss for a longer than I expect, but I don't mind. Brian moves closer to the couch while we kiss. He slowly sits, and I follow. I pull away, and look into his eyes.