Chapter 29

Brian

I wrap my arms around my boyfriend in the morning sunlight. I lay a kiss upon his head, as I feel him stretching in my arms. "Goodmorning," I say. Roger looks at me, his face still sleepy. "Goodmorning...." he says. "Im going to make breakfast. What do you want to eat?" I ask. Roger sits up, and stretches his arms up, the sheets still cover his lower half. "Uh... I don't know. Make anything you'd like," he says, sleepy. I throw my legs off the edge of the bed, and stand up. "I guess i'll make eggs then," I say. Roger stands up, and stretches again. He's only wear his boxers, and it's quite sexy. "That sounds great." he yawns. "Im going to jump in the shower, and then i'll meet you in the kitchen. Okay?" he asks. "sounds good," I say as im walking out of the room. 

I walk to the kitchen, tripping over boxes that we still have to unpack. yesterday we only unpacked our bed sheets, pillows, a couple lamps, silverware, plates, and clothes. We still have about 30 more boxes to unpack. We also went shopping yesterday after our stargazing. We had zero food and we knew we wouldn't want to go shopping today. I open the fridge, and take out the carton of eggs, milk, and some cheese. I place all of those things on the counter, and grab a frying pan, a spatula, a bowl, a fork, and two plates. I crack my eggs into a bowl, add the milk, and start beating them. There is a window by the counter, and it has a really good view. I can look at all the downtown buildings, and the busy traffic. I finish beating the eggs, and put the bowl aside. I then go over to the stove, and put the pan on there. I turn the stove on, and put the eggs in the pan. 

By the time I finish the eggs, Roger still isn't out of the shower. I decide to toast some bread up, and get everything set. We don't have a table yet, so we are going to have to eat on the floor. I put the plates on the counter, grab two forks, the butter, put the eggs on the plates, and put the toast on them. As I place the butter on the counter, Roger steps into the kitchen. "We're going to have to on the floor. I hope you don't mind," I say. "Not at all, babe." he says. Roger has this new habit of calling me Babe, and I love it. "Perfect," I nod my head. I bring both of the plates over to a spot that isn't that cluttered. Roger comes over, and sits down next to me. I hand him his plate, and we start to eat. "So..." Roger clears his throat. "I actually need to talk to you about something," he says. "Okay... did something happen?" I ask, concerned. "No, no. Nothing bad," he says. "Okay?" I'm confused now. Roger takes my hand in his, and he looks into my eyes. "I actually have a big surprise for you," he says. "I  booked us a trip," he says. "A trip? To where?" I ask. "I got us a trip to Paris. It's only for a week, so we wont miss much here. We'll be touring the best spots there, eating lots of food, and we'll be able to have a romantic getaway," he winks. I feel a huge smile spread across my face. "Awe.... Roggie," I say. I can feel myself blushing, a lot. "We leave at 2 AM Friday," he says. I pull Roger in, for a long, passionate kiss. His lips are soft, and warm. I slowly pull away, and look into his eyes. They're a soft shade of blue, and green. "I love you, Roger." I say. "I love you too, Brian."

After Breakfast we finish taking everything out of it's boxes. It takes about 2 hours, but we get everything out. We then decorate the apartment a little bit. We put up a couple photos, put more dishes away, and put out a few mats. We still have to go shopping for most of our furniture. After we unpack our stuff, we go to pack up for the trip. We leave in two days, so we have to get everything together. Roger and I decide to go out to the store for a couple last minutes preparations. On our way to the store we come across this young man. "Gay!" he yells. He then proceeds to shout slurs at us, non stop. We get in the store, and Roger's whole mood changes. He starts to feel self-conscious, and would much rather go home. I feel bad for him. He's always been insecure about a lot of stuff, including this. He often hides stuff like this, because he knows that this may happen. He doesn't feel comfortable in his skin, and I truly feel bad. I want to change that, but I know I can't.

Once we arrive home, Roger begins to have a breakdown. He doesn't want to go on our trip all of a sudden. He starts bawling his eyes out, and says that telling everyone about us was a mistake. I look at Roger, then pull him close. I listen to him cry, as I hold him. "Everything will be okay, you'll be alright," I say. Roger looks up at me, and I wipe the tears from his checks. His eyes are red, and puffy. I give him a soft kiss, and pull him close once more. I spend a majority of the night comforting him, holding him close. "Brian?" He asks. "Yes?" I hum. "Please don't go..." he says. "Dont worry. I'm not going anywhere...."