Chapter 24

ROGER
I haven't talked to anyone all day, I haven't seen Brian since our fight. Freddie tried to talk to me, but I refused. You could tell there was tension on stage tonight. The fact that I had to stare at Brian for two hours straight broke me. Once we finished our last song, I ran off stage, crying. I ran past everyone to my dressing room, and slammed my door shut. I threw myself on the ground. Why did this hurt so much? I've been through break ups before, but they're never this bad. When I lost Brian, I feel like I lost a part of myself. I'm sobbing my eyes out at this point.

I feel a gentle hand on my back. A familiar, safe touch. One that told me everything would be Okay. I look up, and see Brian. I instantly stand up, and throw his hand off of me. I walk to the other side of the room. "Get out..." I say, in a low tone. "Roger..." "Get out!" I yell. "B-". I throw my hands up. "You didn't try to save us earlier! Don't try now! Get the fuck out before I call security." I'm not even facing him, I can't. "I love you Roggie..." he says. I turn around, and face him. I'm fed up with this, with him, with everything. I can see he's hurt, but I don't care. "Brian, you fucking hurt me. You didn't trust me at a time where I needed you to most. Love is about trust. It's obvious you don't love me. I sat by you during everything, and this is how you repay me? During sickness. When you were in the hospital, who sat right by your side? Held your hand through every minutes of it. Who held your hair back for you, while you threw up? And told you everything would be Okay. When you were hurt and you could barely move. When you needed someone to help You?" I demand. "ROGER! I do love you, and I care about You! Back there, it may not have seemed like it, but I do! I was selfish, and I hurt the person I care about the most." He says. I can tell he's crying, I can't handle seeing him cry, not now. "Please... just leave," I whisper. I hear Brian sigh, with a bit of hesitation. Then I see Brian walk out. I don't cry, I can't cry anymore. I've wasted all my tears. I just plop to the ground, and sit there. I truely don't know what I'm going to do.

I hate this feeling. Waking up in bed alone. I want to cuddle up in Brian's arms, and have some good morning kisses. I lay there in silence, and look up at the ceiling. Every morning for the past month, Brian and I would wake up, and snuggle before we had to face our day. The thought of this made me feel worse.

I drag myself out of bed, I need a distraction. Brian switched his room yesterday, so the room was pretty much empty. Brian brought more stuff than I did, so it took up a majority of the room. We would be leaving New York in a few hours. We would be leaving for Canada, for our next concert. I'd have to see him for hours on the bus, I'm not looking forward to it. I decide to leave my room, and go see Fred. I haven't had normal human interaction for over 12 hours. Fred is my best friend, I can talk to him about anything. I step out of my room, and walk to Freddie's room. His door is open, so I peek my head through. He's sitting on the bed, watching Tv. "Hey Roger," he says, eyes still on the tv. "Hi..." I say, stepping into the room. "How're you feeling?" He asks. "Not that good, really." I say. "It's hard, I know. But it'll get better, you two will get better, promise." He says. "Truthfully, I don't think we will be. He didn't trust me throughout the whole course of our relationship, despite how much I did for him!" I say. "I... I don't know how we stand right now." I admit. Freddie turns away from the tv, and stands up. "So that's it? You're just going to let this stupid newspaper article destroy your relationship. You aren't even going to fight for it? You've yelled at him, about just giving it up, but what have you done? You're doing the same thing right now!" He says. "Face it, the people like drama. People who write the newspaper will do anything for drama, even make up something that's nowhere close to true. You can't let that influence your relationship. If you do, maybe it for the best Not to have a relationship." He says. He actually makes a good point. "I mean... I guess you're right," I say.

Maybe I should go talk to him. "Do you know what room Brian's in?" I asks. "He's next door." I nod, and thank him. All we did was argue yesterday. The worst part was, I just pushed him away. I didn't try to save our relationship either. I felt horrible for it. I knock on Brian's door. "It's open!" I hear him call. I open the door, and Brian stands up. He looks surprised. "Roger?" He asks. "Hey... can we talk?" I ask. He nods his head, and sits on the bed. I can already feel the tension rising within the room. I close the door behind me. "About yesterday..." I start. "No, I get it. It's not fair for you to be in a relationship where there's no trust. I know the feeling, and it's not fun. Roger, I trust you more than I do anyone else. An-" "I know you do, Brian." I interrupt. He looks up at me, with a soft expression. "Brian, I wouldn't cheat on you. I know you wouldn't cheat on me." I say. "The artical wanted this to happen. The media will make up lies for the sake of drama. We need to learn to except this, and get over it. We can't let the media influence our relationship." I say. Brian stands up, and smiles. He walks towards me. "I couldn't agree more," he says softly.

He pulls me in for a hug. This hug was different though, tighter. He didn't want to let go. "I love you, Brian" I say. "I love you too, Roger." He says. We just stand there, and hug.

This hug turns into a kiss. I embrace Brian in my arms. I missed this feeling. It felt weird without Brian by my side, it felt off. We talked about how we were going to make up our anniversary. We decide to go on a date, when the tour is over. I wanted to make yesterday up to him, so it has to be special.

A couple hours later, we were on the bus, leaving for Canada. Fred, John, Roger, and I decide to play a game of scrabble. We hesitated playing, because the last time we played, Freddie got mad and threw our board out the window. Freddie kept begging us to play, so we did. "This is bullshit!" I yell. John is laughing at me, while I'm facing Fred. "Thats not a word, Freddie!" I yell. "Yes it is!" He sticks out his tounge. "Brian!" I protest. Brian pulls out his dictionary. He always carries around his dictionary, and it's one of the cutest things ever. "It is... Kerfuffle is a word." He admits. "HA! You loose!" He nags. "Damn it!" I yell. I see Brian and John laughing at me. I sit there pouting.

Brian lays his hand on my thigh, sending shivers down my spine. I give Freddie a stink eyes, as everyone sits there and laughs. "New game?"