Chapter: 2

Chapter 2

Drake stared at the door. That was not what he had in mind. He went to get his water bottle from the table when he saw an Iphone sitting next to it. It wasn't his and he knew it wasn't Nicki's. He picked it up and began flipping through the photos since it wasn't locked. The corners of his mouth turned up when he saw Raven in most of the pictures. He put the device in his pocket and headed out the door.

Drake made it outside. Hush was leaning against a black suv waiting for him. He climbed in the back seat and Hush got in on the driver side. They drove in silence since Drake's face was in the Raven's phone. He was supposed to be focused on business only during his three week stay in New York, but he was hoping Raven would change that. He came across a picture of her and a baby with cake in their face and laughed.

Hush looked back at him through the rearview window. "Whose is that?"

"Raven's."

"Raven? Oh the dancer. You were supposed to get her number, not her phone."

"She wouldn't give it to me, can you believe that?"

"What about Dollicia? I saw she was up in there today."

"Man Hush I don't know... she's cool, but she's the one who said she didn't want any commitments."

Hush shrugged his shoulders. "Where to now?"

"We have to go meet Nicki for the Vibe photo shoot." He replied. Hush nodded and continued driving. Drake's phone started to buzz; he was receiving a text message. He looked down at the screen and saw Dollicia's name.

"Hey babe, are you free tonight?"

He thought for a second, Raven had shot him down so he had no plans. "For you. What did you have in mind?"

"I'm heading over to Tenjune tonight, you should roll through."

"If I do that, what are you gonna do for me?"

"You'll have to show up and find out."

"Alright ma, I'll see you later."

Raven finally made it home after visiting her mother in Brooklyn. She caught the train back to Manhattan where she lived, she hated taking the train, between the crazy people and the smell of urine, it was enough to drive you crazy, but it was much faster than driving her car. Raven waved hello to the woman at the front desk before she stepped on the elevator. When it reached the fifth floor she got off and walked to her apartment door. Once inside she reached in her duffle bag to call her mother to let her know she made it home. She checked the side pocket that she normally puts it in, but it wasn't there. After that she began throwing everything out of the bag, towels and sweats were flying everywhere until the bag was empty. "Where the hell is my phone?" She started to retrace her steps, the last place she remembered seeing it was at the studio. She hoped it was still there, but she decided to call it anyway just in case the cleanup crew found it. Using the house phone that she never found use for until now, she began dialing her number. It rang four times and then someone picked up.

"Hello." Said the voice on the other end.

"Hi, this is Raven, you have my phone."

"I thought you didn't have a phone?"

"Excuse me."

"That is what you told me earlier right? That you didn't have a phone."

"Aubrey?"

"So you remember."

"Yes I remember, now can I please have my phone back."

"You take nice photos, I especially like that one of you in the red bikini. Where were you, Mexico?"

"Brazil, and why are you going through my gallery?"

"I was curious."

"I'm sure you were. So when am I getting my phone back?"

"I'm busy tonight, how's tomorrow?"

"Tomorrows fine, you can bring it by the studio."

"Oh you don't trust me enough to let me know where you live."

"It's hard to trust someone with personality issues. Who am I talking to now Aubrey or Drake?"

"Oh I see you got jokes."

"Plenty, but you still didn't answer my question."

The two of them continued talking for hours; they talked about everything and nothing at the same time. They joked and flirted back and forth until it became time for him to get ready for the photo shoot. When they hung up Raven caught herself smiling, little butterflies filled her stomach. He was easy to talk to and she liked that about him, but she told him she wasn't checking for any guys, which was true. Her life was hectic, between teaching choreography and her acting; that hardly left anytime to keep a man satisfied. Raven took a shower and changed into her Victoria Secret sweats, the television was calling her name.