Chapter 59

Nothing was the same after Drake's little revelation. It was the day before the tour and Raven was still sleeping in the guestroom. After finding it to be too difficult keeping up her silent treatment with the two of them living together, she eventually gave in and started talking to him, and that was only when she absolutely had to. There was so much going on that they barely saw each other. Drake was spending most of his time doing the final run through and going over the music setlist with Future. Raven on the other hand did any and everything she could to keep busy and away from Drake. Just thinking about what he did filled her heart with so much anger. Drake didn't know how to deal with it all. He's had Raven mad at him before, but usually, they would make up before either of the two went to sleep at night. This time was different, when she wasn't being hostile towards him, she was crying her eyes out in the bedroom. It hurt him to know that he was the cause of her pain. Each time they tried to talk things through it only ended in yelling and one of them storming out of the room. Drake did everything he could think of. He gave her flowers, but they ended up in the trash, brought jewelry, but she wouldn't accept it; nothing worked.

Since he was headed out on the road in the morning he decided to make it an early day and head home with the guys. When he and the crew walked through the door he saw Raven sitting on the floor playing with Sir. The only time he sees her smile anymore is when she's playing with the puppy. He stood there watching her as she laughed while playing tug a war with the dog's chew toy. Drake walked over to Raven, joining her on the floor. She looked at him and went back to playing with the dog. When Sir saw Drake, he climbed off of Raven's lap and onto his.

Drake held the puppy on his chest rubbing his head as Sir tried to lick his face. "It's nice to know somebody loves me." He said to the dog, but it was obviously meant for Raven's ears.

"I still love you, but I don't trust you," said Raven. She got up from the floor, stepping over Drake's stretched out legs as she left the living room. Sir followed behind her with his little tail wagging all the way.

Chubbs stood way back watching the whole thing. The last couple of days were tense in the house and he wasn't trying to be thrown in the middle. Once Raven was out of the room he walked over to Drake. "Damn, Raven's still mad at you?" He asked while leaning over to the couch.

"What do you think?" he asked rhetorically. Drake turned his head looking up at Chubbs from the floor. "Did Tiana say anything to you?" He asked, knowing that Chubbs was still talking to Raven's best friend. He was hoping he could get some inside information.

"Nah, she hasn't mentioned it," Chubbs replied and Drake just hung his head. "Look man, we about to go on the court, you comin'?" he asked, hoping to take his friend's mind off his problems, even if only for a moment.

Drake thought about it for a second. "Fuck it, might as well." He got up from the floor and followed Chubbs outside.

When Raven got upstairs she put Sir down on the carpet so he could run around the floor. Just that quick Drake had gotten on her nerves. She hated it when he tried to use her feelings against her. Just because she loved him, it didn't mean she was going to put up with his foolishness. Raven flopped down on the bed and looked around the room. She didn't want to be in there. She missed being surrounded by their pictures and having his scent on the pillows. Sleeping alone was the hardest part. Every time she reached out to cuddle with him she found nothing but cold sheets. In punishing him she was also punishing herself. Being away from Drake wasn't what she really wanted or needed right now, but he took her there and she wasn't going to give in to him just because he was going on tour. Raven's phone began to ring. She scooped Sir up from the floor to silence his squeaky barks. Every time her phone made a noise he would bark at it.

"Hello," Raven answered.

"Hey beautiful, how are you?" A suave voice came through the line making Raven smile.